Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Adding a Transponder Key with 2 Original Factory Keys

So I know on some Ford Models it is easy to add additional transponder keys as long as you have 2 existing keys for the vehicle. I have tried where you insert the first key and turn the vehicle to the on position for 5-10 seconds then repeat with the second key, to then repeat again using a 3rd...
  2. R

LED headlight bulbs error message

Just to follow up after trying multiple CANBUS load resistors to eliminate the dash error from eBay, the one from seller dt-autotech worked to eliminate the error on my LED headlights. Picture of this model is below. You definitely need a 6ohm resistor!
  3. R

1.4 ohm is what they checked out at... Shocked that .2 makes a difference... Can you send a picture of the ones you purchased. Seems there are only 3 different styles for sale on eBay.
  4. R

Well these ones for $18 from a high rated seller do not work for the record.
  5. R

So just to clarify nobody has found a CANBUS pigtail harness for running LED headlights that prevents the dash error messages?
  6. R

Dash Cam Add-A-Circuit Fuse Box Question

Figured it out with trial and error. Fuse number 18 under the dash on the drivers side is the fuse for the RSC switch, 4x4 module, 4x4 switch and reverse park aid. It is only hot when the ignition is in the on position.
  7. R

Dash Cam Add-A-Circuit Fuse Box Question

Right up front I know enough to be dangerous with electric but am definitely a novice. I am installing a Blacksys dash cam system in my 2010 4.6 Explorer and I was planning on using a micro blade Add-A-Circuit into the fuse panel under the drivers side dash. I am using the Blacksys backup...
Back