Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Cuco

Black Friday on OTC

You’re right but this tool is more heavy duty
  2. Cuco

Black Friday on OTC

This tool helps you remove the torsion bar , in other words I’m changing the springs on my truck
  3. Cuco

Black Friday on OTC

Was able to purchase this OTC tool for $100 now I could service my torsion bars
  4. Cuco

Help diagnose random misfire

Are you getting any check engine lights and what’s the code? If you do not see a check engine light on check it anyway you might have a pending code
  5. Cuco

BEST OBD2 for $50

What I like about is the cool functions that it does ABS bleeding , trust me the scanner goes more in depth like a dealer Ford dealer scanner . It does read OBB to offer any vehicle & enhance . On my 96 Ford Explorer truck I was able to pull the keyless door combination with the scanner (it gave...
  6. Cuco

BEST OBD2 for $50

Autel Scanner For approximately $50 bucks this is the best top tier scanner that you can get for the price. This scanner can hang with those $1000 dollars scanner Autel AP200(HT200) Bluetooth OBD2 Scanner, Code Reader with Full Systems Diagnoses and 19 Service Functions, Mini Size Version of...
  7. Cuco

Help diagnose random misfire

Even though you are within specs you are at the minimum fuel pressure. 40 psi‘s is ideal , change fuel filter see if that helps , might need fuel pump
  8. Cuco

Transmission fluid

I too would put that in my transmission
  9. Cuco

Transmission fluid

My vehicle has approximately 150 K shifts very Smooth , but the downshift has got more softer but sometimes bangs hard . A lot better than it was before
  10. Cuco

Transmission fluid

Did a transmission tuneup purchase a Motorcraft transmission filter and use these fluids listed in picture
  11. Cuco

Transmission pan

Actually there’s nothing wrong with my transmission pan it is fine no leaks no dents no damage. And I do not do any off-road driving. What I liked about the pan it hold an additional 8 quarts of transmission fluid which I think it will prolong the transmission life because it has more fluid...
  12. Cuco

Transmission pan

Need help in selecting a transmission pan
  13. Cuco

NEED HELP FIND PART

Can’t find an intake hose on my vehicle
  14. Cuco

1998 Ford Explorer XLT P0171 and P0174 codes

What about 5.0 engine?
  15. Cuco

Transmission fluid

What is the best transmission fluid synthetic or regular. What do you use out there put in your transmission. The picture I’m posting is my best guess of the best transmission fluid to put in your explore
  16. Cuco

SHOCKS

WOW I like what I see , it’s almost like I’m looking at a naked hot girl with no clothes on , LOL Is any welding requirement or it’s a nut and bolt set up & and how is the ride , doesn’t really like a ultimate Lincoln town car. Brand new nazi car that can handle any potholes. What is the...
  17. Cuco

SHOCKS

18. Cuco

SHOCKS

When you say OEM , you mean Motorcraft shocks?
  19. Cuco

1996 Explorer V8 AWD drive train

What is BG Synthetic fluid , is this a special transmission fluid? Can you take a picture of the bottle or a link where I can order some
  20. Cuco

SHOCKS

WOW
  21. Cuco

SHOCKS

I was looking for one of those top-of-the-line shocks that you are talking about ( example Fox 2.0) they don’t make them for my vehicle , if they do please post a link to any of those top-of-the-line shocks that fit my 96 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0 AWD 4 Door. P.S if you can recommend a...
  22. Cuco

Just Bought a 99 Explorer XLS

Before you start dumping money into the truck , remove the thermostat completely run the truck without a thermostat and see how that works out
  23. Cuco

1998 Ford Explorer XLT P0171 and P0174 codes

I would recommend doing a full tune-up using only Motorcraft parts , plugs and wires & even if the engine seems like it’s running good check your fuel pressure
  24. Cuco

1996 Explorer V8 AWD drive train

I too have a 96 Ford explore AWD V-8 , check your exhaust system sounds like the exhaust shields are rattling
Back