Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Jump starting a 2017 with NOCO GB50 Risks to Electronics or Fuses?

In case anyone stumbles upon this thread looking for an answer, it seems that the "L-shaped eyelet" refers to the connector leading to the fuse box.
  2. G

Parasitic battery drain with lift gate and door open?

So let's say I left a door open, and then the interior lights turned off after 10 minutes due to the battery saver feature. If I then closed the door and re-opened it, would the lights stay on another 10 minutes? If repeated over and over, could I drain my battery this way, or is the battery...
  3. G

Replacing with AGM battery--calibration at dealership needed?

I need to replace a dead battery on a 2017 Sport, and I'd like to replace it with an AGM type. I think it came with the conventional flooded type battery (Motorcraft BXT-65-650): - Can I safely replace a flooded type with AGM? - If I replace with the AGM, do I need to take the Ex to the...
  4. G

Parasitic battery drain with lift gate and door open?

I was packing my 2017 for a trip and had the lift gate and a door open for around an hour, maybe a little more. All vehicle lights and accessories were turned off during this period. When I was finished packing it wouldn't start due to a dead battery (but there was still enough power for the...
  5. G

No one? Does anyone at least know what is meant in the manual by the "L-shaped eyelet"? I looked under the hood at the battery and there isn't anything that seems L-shaped. Not to mention that the positive battery post is pretty much entirely encompassed by the connection to the post, so I...
  6. G

My 2017 Sport has a dead battery. I'd been meaning to buy a jump starter battery anyway, but this served as a catalyst for purchasing a NOCO GB50 (1500Amps). The vehicle is now at my home after a AAA jump start, but I figure since the battery is mostly dead (lights work but engine won't turn)...
  7. G

Hello!

Hi All, Just thought I'd say a quick hello and make sure my signature is working before making my second post...
Back