Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Can’t find a hatch glass! 2002 Ford Explorer XLS

That’s a great idea. How would I know if it’s an exact match? Any idea where to go to do this? Having trouble figuring out where to turn to ask about solutions. Auto body places? Or where? I’m clueless and in a hurry :( Temp Inspection stickers expires in a few weeks. They let me get a second...
  2. D

Thanks! Yes, I’ve been calling them. Will check out this link, thank you!
  3. D

That’s what I’m worried about. Just because it has 5 screw holes in the right place it might not fit. So if I find a salvage one, trying to figure out how to be sure it will fit before buying and hauling it home.
  4. D

Rear hatch glass exploded. I’ve had plastic over it for over two months now. Had to get it inspected so now have a 30 day temp sticker. I might have to get it renewed if they allow that. For reasons I’m trying to understand the auto glass place and 2 salvage places looked up the vin number...
  5. D

2002 Explorer Won’t start, clicking after fuel filter change

Thanks for your help! So I went and got a new battery. Car still did the same thing a few days later. Not every time. It started fine for two days no more clicking. (I guess just a coincidence battery went out) Then wouldn’t. Sounded like it was going to then sputtered a second and didn’t...
  6. D

I don’t have a way to test the battery right now but will if you still think it’s that. In case it helps, this is a pic of the new fuel filter from the driver’s side, a view from above the tire. And it’s probably normal to have oil in driveway after changing the fuel filter I imagine? I’m...
  7. D

I I meant correct about yes, it was fast clicking.
  8. D

Correct. So I called my car insurance company, Farm Bureau, to use the free roadside assistance to come and jump it. After 4 calls and 4.5 hours they finally came. Pop a Lock jumped it. It started right up. Turned it off, started it again, and faint white/grey smoke was coming from the engine...
  9. D

It’s never done this, have had no battery trouble lately, battery is only a few years old. I hear a fast clicking when I try to start it. 2002 Ford Explorer XLS with 92,000 miles. Yep. I didn’t drive it regularly/every day for several years, so low mileage. But it has never just sat, always...
Back