Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Non Motorcraft ball joint

Getting OE ones put on front left and right and changing tie rod:)
  2. A

Yeah, you are right, I think I'm just excited about the explorer since I just bought it a week ago. Thanks for this, I definitely don't want to spend on repairs for more than I paid for the explorer. I really like the explorer though:)
  3. A

If they are changing my ball joints tomorrow, should I request the shocks to be changed? I asked the guy and he said he will take a look and let me know. Thinking even if he says no that I will request them to be changed. I want my explorer to be like brand new :)
  4. A

Have an appointment tomorrow for my engine light at a ford dealer . Going to tell them to change all ball joints also. Assume they will use motor craft ones at Ford. I’m fine spending a bit on my explorer. I want the best for it.
  5. A

Gonna just eat it and get the best. I want the best for my explorer. You thinking changing all the ball joints even if they don’t need to be changed is a good idea?
  6. A

I got one called ProSeries OE+Ball Joint - Front not sure if this is good at all. I assume the motorcraft ones don't need to be greased ?
  7. A

This all makes sense, I got a non motor craft ball joint in today and kinda regret it. Might just get Motorcraft ones so I don't have to worry about greasing them.
  8. A

1998 4 door Explorer

Amazing thread
  9. A

Are Non motorcraft ball joints ok for a 99 Explorer XLS?
  10. A

SHOCKS

Same for 99 XLS Explorer. If you could tell me the best shock for that. I’ll go get it
  11. A

1998 Ford Explorer XLT P0171 and P0174 codes

Is it bad to drive knowing these codes are on with my explorer?
  12. A

1998 Ford Explorer XLT P0171 and P0174 codes

Know anyone in Toronto that is an expert with this engine that I could go to and get it done? I had these codes today but got them cleared.
  13. A

Just Bought a 99 Explorer XLS

Previous owner who sold it to me told me New parts over the last year: -New radiator and rad hoses -Transmission filter and fluid change along with cooling lines to rad -Four new tires - Complete cat. back exhaust system - New Brake pads and rotors on both front and rear along with new master...
  14. A

Thank you! Glad I joined and made this post. Going to be doing all this shortly. I really hope my 4.0 ohv makes it to 300,000 miles, love my explorer. They don't make anything close to this anymore. I will do whatever it takes to make this explorer last.
  15. A

How come except the transmission oil? even the differential oil?
  16. A

I just bought a 99 Explorer XLS (187,000 KM or 116,000 Miles), I want this explorer to last me a very long time. Everything seems to be working well. Anything I can do right now? change the spark plugs? Just got it rust proofed before snow comes.
Back