Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

4 wheel Drive Question

I have 04 Explorer XLT 4.0 SOHC 4wd. No sport track. I need a Ford part # for the motor on the side of transfer case that engages 4 wheel drive. Thanks!
  2. P

Trailer Towing Fuses

Hello Everyone. I have a 04 Explorer XLT 4.0 4wd. I have 4 pin flat stock trailer light connector. I have right,left turning signals and brake lights. But no running lights or Tail lights. Can anyone tell me exactly what fuses to check. I'm finding it difficult to comprehend the owners manual...
  3. P

Rear Differential Leak

Any idea if there is a "Kit" that I can replace all seals on the rear end? I haven't had any luck online.
  4. P

Rear Differential Leak

Good Afternoon. My rear Differential leaks and will not hold proper fluid amount. I am not sure where to start. Droplet appear to be forming on the bottom of the pumpkin. So I'm not sure where to start to troubleshoot and replace. Where could it be leaking and how many seals are utilized? 2004...
  5. P

Flashing Check Engine Light

What are your thoughts on the BlueDriver device? Im close to getting 1. It's just 100$ is alot of cash to drop on something your unfamiliar with. I have spent hours reading about it. It can read abs and transmission codes aswell. Anyways that was the plan..Get read out when it happenes. But it...
  6. P

Ok, so...Good news! I believe the issue is solved!. I replaced the Ignition Coil and Wires..BOOM! No more stumble. This weekend provided we don't get snowed in I'll test on highway. I'll update then. Thanks for the help.
  7. P

Yes I have replaced the spark plugs and at first that seemed to fix the issue. I plugged the diagnostic computer up to it and the only code stored was EVAP Leak... The last two times this issue has occurred that is stored by the computer. And I agree that it's already worse. But unfortunately...
  8. P

Yes, Flashing Check Engine Light and loss of power going up hill and at Cruising Speed on Interstate (70mph). Occasional engine stumble. If I release throttle then give more throttle than when stumble occurs operation continues as expected. My mechanics advice is to "Let it get worse, it will...
  9. P

Loss Of Power Engine Stutter

T today I change the fuel filter which was so clogged you couldn't even blow air through it. That made no difference. I'm really trying to avoid just throwing money at it. My whole life falls apart if this vehicle goes down basically. Is there a way to check it's the catalytic converter is clogged?
  10. P

Loss Of Power Engine Stutter

For the past couple weeks while the engine is under load such as going up a hill at low RPM the engine stutters. But if I give it more gas and stops. Though today traveling on the interstate, I can see you play a Minor loss of power while cruising at around 70. That's so my check engine light...
  11. P

Help with part#. 04 XLT 4.0 SOHC

4.0 v6. I believe they are the same. Napa wants 18.99. Ford legit wants 21.00$ per bolt and 10$. A nut..lol We are talking 60$..Crazy. But yes. Thanks.
  12. P

Thank you for that I'm looking at it right now and it's definitely cheaper than what Ford wants for OEM. But it doesn't resemble the OEM 1. I know it's aftermarket but the nuts if you can call them that, look strange the OEM kit has just your run of the mill nuts.I guess I need to crawl under...
  13. P

Hey guys. For some reason I am having issues tracking down a spring bolt kit for the joint in front of the muffler. If anyone can help with with a part # I'd be grateful. Thanks!
  14. P

Passenger Side Wheel walk

So I replaced both front bearings in my 04 Explorer XLT 4WD. I purchased it with EXTREMELY bad passenger side bearing. After replacement I noticed a sharp pop from that side when I make a sharp right turn, sometimes a noise of some kind of friction, then BOOM, it stops. On road right wheel has a...
Back