Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Tire fault sensor

The dealership is either lying to get you to make an expensive purchase or is just incorrect. I bought aftermarket wheels (rims) at Discount Tire a year ago for my 2010 Sport Trac. I swapped the existing tires onto the new wheels and used the newer valve stem mounted sensors. No issues with TPMS...
  2. D

Radio lost sound

Just a thought...I’ve found that sometimes the head unit on my 2010 will get confused when it “automatically” tries to connect to the iPhone over Bluetooth If I plug in the USB before the Bluetooth completely connects. No sound and can’t change inputs to radio. Disabling the phone’s Bluetooth...
  3. D

2009 Ford Explorer

Swapped the check valve over the weekend. No hissing anymore except when I change A/C settings (like switching from Max A/C to dash and floor), which I think is normal. Thanks for posting that, 94Eddie.
  4. D

Hessing sound when pressing on accelerator

Swapped the check valve over the weekend. Issue resolved.
  5. D

2006 LTD fog lights?

Thanks to this thread, I was able to swap the fog lights on my 2010 Sport Trac to the amber Ironman style using a combination of 12 mm, 13 mm, and 1/2 inch box wrenches like Lukas2009 recommended. It was still a bit of trial and error, but I just wiggled them until I felt the clips release and...
  6. D

Help F57Z-7810684-A or aftermkt Rt. crossmember ext.

www.FordPartsGiant.com lists the part for about $40, but they do list things they don’t actually have in stock (ask how I know). You might also try www.car-part.com or www.lkqonline.com for salvage yard parts, if there isn’t a pick-n-pull nearby.
  7. D

2009 Ford Explorer

Just checked under the hood and I see it. I’ll report back when I get it installed, probably next weekend.
  8. D

2009 Ford Explorer

Thanks for posting this. I think that’s probably the same issue I’m having with my 2010 Sport Trac. Sound like pressure relieving (like opening a beer bottle) when I tap the accelerator.
  9. D

Hessing sound when pressing on accelerator

Thanks for posting this. I think that’s probably the same issue I’m having with my 2010 Sport Trac. Sound like pressure relieving (like opening a beer bottle) when I tap the accelerator.
  10. D

2007 Ford Explorer limited “Ironman edition”

You can look at the 2007 and 2008 model year brochures here to see all the items the Ironman option package included. There are only slight differences in the package descriptions for 2007 and 2008. From the brochures... 2007 Ironman® Package included: Unique two-tone Black and Stone 10-way...
  11. D

Front Storage Door Ford Sport Trac in truck bed

Sorry I posted incorrect information. I revised my post above. I assumed the 2007 was the same as my 2010. I didn't realize they had a different mechanism.
  12. D

Front Storage Door Ford Sport Trac in truck bed

Turn the latch knob counterclockwise 90 degrees to unlatch. Lift the lid to open. Mine has hardly ever been opened and the seal seems to stick a little.
  13. D

And we thought the 4.0 timing chains were silly

That looks like the product of a tortured mind.
  14. D

2006 Mountaineer AWD Power Steering Leak

This is what’s so great about these forums. I was aware of the risk of embolism (“injected” air bubbles) from compressed air systems, but not the risk from high pressure hydraulic fluid injection from leaks. Thanks for posting this. Here’s a link to a detailed description of what can happen...
  15. D

ISO used 2001 sport trac hard topper

2001 was the first model year the Sport Tracs were sold, so your 2001 is a 1st generation (2001-2005). Many parts are the same (especially from the cab or front seats forward) as the 2nd generation Explorer (1995-2001j and Explorer Sport (through 2003 I believe). Of course, check craigslist in...
  16. D

SOHC Engine Removal/Rebuild/Install - Done!

I actually laughed out loud at that. Thanks for the good laugh! I needed that tonight.
  17. D

Looks much better! Your dog doesn’t look real happy about it, though!
  18. D

I looked at the pictures before I read the last line of your post, and I was thinking “wow that doesn’t look so great for the after photos!”. Of course, it made a lot more sense when I read that last line. I’m looking forward to seeing how it looks after you’ve cleaned it up.
  19. D

Another Sport Trac

Thanks Paul.
  20. D

Another Sport Trac

Thanks Risky!
  21. D

Another Sport Trac

Thanks gtyates! Love the blue ones. I tried to talk my wife into buying a blue one that was at a CarMax in Las Vegas a couple months ago but she wasn’t going for the shipping fee or for driving it back here. Ironically, the one I just bought was at the VW dealership just north of Rivergate...
  22. D

Hey Koda. I’m really enjoying reading about your progress on this rebuild. I don’t have enough experience to have opinion on the balance shaft but I’ve also read that it’s not necessary on the 2WD. I hear what you’re saying about the rain! I’m in middle Tennessee and my yard has not been...
  23. D

Another Sport Trac

Thank Eddie! The one I traded was 4WD, and I had mixed feelings about giving it up. However, the winters here in the Nashville area a mild enough that it’s only needed a few days a year at most, and I don’t plan to take it off road.
  24. D

Another Sport Trac

So I traded my 2010 limited 4.0L with 103,500 miles on a 2010 limited 4.6L with 61,500 miles yesterday. Both Brilliant Silver Metallic. The new one has a moon roof, an aftermarket backup camera, and LED bed lights that the old one didn’t have. It also has the Limited Convenience Package which...
  25. D

Underbody maintenance lighting?

My first thought is that a light bar pointed up from the floor would be better. It’s hard for me to see how lights mounted on the undercarriage wouldn’t shine in your eyes. Maybe you could just use LEDs on flexible arms, magnetically mounted, kind of like bedside reading lights.
Back