Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Under view of 2020 Explorer ST

I have been chasing, with my dealer, a “flapping” sound, from the front of my truck. I was able to barrow a lift from a friend, and took some pictures that I think you would be interested in. I did find the noise, two missing bolts, and two loose bolts! 1. Not a site I like to see, up in the...
  2. L

Brake + RPM + Heat = Holding At Drag Strip

The one thing I forget... Street Pack... Jeff
  3. L

Brake + RPM + Heat = Holding At Drag Strip

After my race track runs this weekend, I decided I needed to do some testing on how much RPM the brakes would actually hold? With Cold brakes, (less than a mile, maybe braking 3-4 times), there was no issue holding the truck at 2500RPM. 3000RPM, was a different issue! I was getting creep, with...
  4. L

Drag Strip, Actual Numbers

Actual Numbers, Round 2 Vehicle; 3.0L ST. with Livernois Motorsport 91-93 tune. Was only able to complete two runs due to the track being full. Maryland International Raceway; Elevation 80’ Weather; Temp, 70Deg: RH, 42: Bar, 30.14: Wind, 2-4mph: Tire Temp, Cold 37 Warm 39 Constant; 93...
  5. L

Why I’m NOT running E85 in my 2020 Explorer ST

This is a follow-up from a post I made yesterday called “Drag Strip, Actual Numbers. I was doing some homework on running E85 in my 2020 Explorer ST. There is certain criteria the vehicle must meet before you can run E85. Also the vehicle will have certain markings, (see below). Most modern...
  6. L

I have a couple of issues running E85 in my 2020 Explorer 1. I don’t have a reliable source in Southern MD. The closest consistent point is DC, which is not close enough for me. There have been promises of stations installing pumps, but so far a no-go. 2. The 2020 Explorer is “NOT” setup to...
  7. L

ST SUV Experience Driving Program

I am not sure why they asked me not to reference the emails, I was following there wishes. I used to race for Ford, this event was more for my son, so he could have the experience. With no true "get well date" in site, I am in no hurry to schedule any time soon, to have it be pushed back again...
  8. L

I received 3 emails, 2 of which I have been ask not to reference. The bottom line, my dates were cancelled, and the hotel reservation also cancelled. Personally, I am not rescheduling ANY time in the future. With no known get well date for the current situation, that is my personal decision. Jeff
  9. L

I just sent a email, my contact was different... My date's are the first ones, Apr 5-6, in 11 day's. I'm not going to cancel, just wait and see what they say. Jeff
  10. L

When the track opens back up, I look forward to more timed runs... The nice things about this platform is traction is not an issue... There is a sweet spot in the RPM launch range, it's just a matter of finding it??? I will be the first to admit I'm new to this. I grew up racing in the late 70...
  11. L

Livernis tune comes as a 91-93 octane tune. I’m not sure the details, but the computer in the vehicle can tell which fuel you’re running. Just like when you’re changing from 87 to 91. There is a PID in the computer system, “see my other thread” I just have not found it yet. I agree the 60’...
  12. L

Vehicle; 3.0L ST. First three runs were stock configuration, last two were with Livernois Motorsport 91-93 tune Maryland International Raceway; Elevation 80’ Weather; Temp, 47-57Deg: RH, 58: Bar, 30.46: Wind, 2-4mph Constant; 93 octane: sport mode: traction control off: no burnout: did not...
  13. L

No-Go for E-85 in 2020 ST

I am running a tune, and was looking into swapping over to E-85. There is some Internet videos showing people running straight E-85, and 50/50 blend. Here is my issue, nowhere on my truck have I found any of the four yellow marking, shown in the owner’s manual, allowing me to run E-85? Can any...
  14. L

Missing Part? - Strut Tower Insulator

For those that have the part (3C078), installed. Can you confirm how it is held in place? The build sheet shows HM2 x 3, 7mm bolts. The picture its hard to tell if its bolts, or push pins. If someone actually has (3C078) installed, and can confirm how it is mounted, and take some pictures, it...
  15. L

For Fun; What is in your Rear Storage Area???

Peterk9 I hope you know there's a special storage place for the fuel funnel buy the spare tire??? But I like you're thinking!!! Jeff
  16. L

For Fun; What is in your Rear Storage Area???

I pose this question to get ideas if there is any items I may consider including in my storage area. No, bodies don't count!!! Towels, Wool; "hat, blanket, socks", Winter gloves, Flashlight, MRE, First-aid kit, Dog; "service vest, collar, leash". In the winter, I carry long underwear...
  17. L

How to: Installation of Rear/Lower Air Deflector

The Rivets we're not in the way. There flat on the top. I snuged up the bumper bolts, wiggled them, snuged them again until they would not move. There is no torque value, and didn't want to do any damage... Jeff
  18. L

How to: Installation of Rear/Lower Air Deflector

I decided to do the installation myself. The dealer would not cover this, since it was not on the original build data list. I am though getting reimbursed for the parts, please don’t ask how… Have a Ford Dealer that is close Be friends with a mechanic Have Patience Parts list: HN5 Nut, already...
  19. L

Who has had NO problems at all?

7/23/19 Build Date, 6k mls. Knock on wood, no major issues. If I had any minor issues; missing "Rear Deflector" on order, expected in 2/20. Sync 3 is slow to load. Not a big issue, I normally let the truck warmup 1-2min before I start to drive anyway. It was missing the "Towing hook" but the...
  20. L

360* Co-Pilot cam questions

The best answer is to have someone walk around your vehicle. You can see where the computer blends the cameras together. Remember its not perfect, don't depend on it for exact distances!!! Jeff
  21. L

360* Co-Pilot cam questions

Front grill, back lift gate, both mirrors... The tuck is computer generated... Jeff
  22. L

Livernois tune experience

I downloaded a free 1/4 drag app that was worthless, could only get 78% accuracy. It's not even worth posting the data. What the butt dyno told, is in sport mode between 3-6.5k RPM , with traction control off, it pulled hard, really hard. I was up to 60mph fast, and 110mph before I new it!!! I...
  23. L

There has been the question about whether the dealer can tell if you installed a tune? I will give you my $0.02, based on talking with my service manager, and my tuner. YES, the easiest way is the "number of starts since the last reset" When you re-flash back to stock, it re-sets your computer...
  24. L

After having the tune for a week the transmission has started to smooth out. The power is defiantly noticeable, without any hard numbers you can tell the power band has changed. For some detail's; at medium throttle the transmission holds the gear until the RPM reaches 2.5-3k. At 50-55MPH it...
  25. L

I just signed up for the first available date in NC 5-6 Apr. Jeff
Back