Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Frustrated New Member

Similar problem with mine in first week. Dealer kept it until they got to bottom of the problem which was a bad ground. Good luck with the new one!
  2. R

Can I use my previous winter tires on my 2020 Explorer

What he said about the center bore being different, but with a twist...... I ended up buying 22's for the summer, and putting winter tires on the stock 21s, because I did not think I could use my old custom wheels that fit my 2014-2018 explorer sports, on my 2020 Explorer ST. Just as I was...
  3. R

When you nail it...you know.

Crumb. You two make me want to get lowered now! Great look Bryn!
  4. R

Pricing help!

In Canada, we have www.carcostcanada.com which gives msrp and dealer cost for about $5/vehicle depending on how many reports you buy. It also lists all factory incentives and financing available at the point in time you are buying. Makes buying easy. Just start at dealer cost, take off any...
  5. R

BC Forged EH181 wheels installed.

Fantastic look! Congratulations!
  6. R

Blacked Out 2020 XLT

Looks good (and mean!). You should find the plastidip quite durable. I used it on some older rims on my kids SUV and it held up really well. And the great thing is, if you wish to change thing up again, it’s very easy to remove.
  7. R

Leaking windshield!

Wow, that is brutal. I assume you are dealing with Zender Ford given your location? Or is it another dealer in the Edmonton area (I deal with Denny Andrews). At any rate, not sure who you should deal with if your dealer is not going to make things right. I have dealt with AMVIC before on...
  8. R

0% for 72 mos

So i leased an F150 for my wife earlier this month. Ford had a $4500 factory rebate and a $750 lease rebate available, in addition to 0% lease financing for up to 4 years and 0% finance purchasing for up to 7 years. This offer was good until June 18. For giggles, i looked at the offer on June...
  9. R

Is the Lincoln Aviator Reliable and Worth It?

I end my leases early as well usually and have often been able to get a cheque for 2 or 3 thousand back from the dealer due to the low mileage. Can’t hurt to ask. Good luck with your purchase.
  10. R

0% for 72 mos

Sell and buy a 2021?😜 But seriously, I just took advantage of that for a new 2020 F150. Got a lease for 4 years at 0 percent and 12000 off MSRP. Was a no brainer since the lease on my 2018 was up in October anyways. Hope someone else can get in on the deal at least. And congrats on having...
  11. R

Confirming Red ST touch up paint color name

Well i did not want anyone calling me Lucy so i did a bit more research on getting rid of the evidence and found this thread on lacquer thinner https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101-a/119071-how-safely-remove-undo-touch-up-paint.html I gave it a go just now and it worked...
  12. R

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have created a bit of a mess now so it’s time for me to call in some pros for help.
  13. R

Pss - the only saving grace to all of this is that I won’t have to change my forum name to Lucid Red. That would not have really done it for me.🤣 I will update this post once I work with the PPG folks to get things fixed.
  14. R

Ps would be nice if Ford educated their parts guys about this update. Oh well growing pains with a new model year I guess.
  15. R

Thanks Peter - at least I know it was not me! fast_dave - I am going to cut my losses,and back away from the vehicle now, and call in the pros like you advise. I found a PPG shop in Edmonton based on your suggestion. Thanks again everyone!
  16. R

I think I will have to look into that for sure as the combo I bought is not even close. When I was putting on the base all I could think was wow the clear must make this stuff way darker! I wonder if I should lightly sand off the first try to make sure I don’t end up with paint bumps as I...
  17. R

That’s what mine said too when i bought the vehicle, and that’s what i originally told the parts person when asking for the touch up paint. Can you please send along the websites that showed the touch up paint color called rapid red. This site lists the touch up color as rapid red magnetic and...
  18. R

2020 Explorer Issues 6MO/2K Miles

Good luck. And welcome to the forum! I had mine 1 day before it ended up back in the shop for a week to diagnose and fix a loose ground wire that bricked the vehicle. No more problems since so hopefully you are good for a long time after you get things fixed.
  19. R

Thanks I shall check that out. update - so it says “ext pnt” and then“D4” so is the amazon search simply “2020 Ford Explorer st touch up paint code D4”? update 2 - on another site I have confirmed that code D4 is indeed Lucid Red Pearl. May have to let a body shop take it from here because I...
  20. R

So somehow I got a couple of nice chips in the passenger side of my ST. I was told by my dealers parts department that my paint color was Lucid Red so I bought a bottle of the touch up paint yesterday. I went for it today and after two coats of base (with 30 minutes dry in between) and 1 clear...
  21. R

How to: 2020 Explorer ST - Performance Tires/Wheels Sizing Guide

I agree. Thanks again for the suggestion i had 24s put on my F150 yesterday and they were going to do the same thing so i called them midweek and had them get the smaller nuts for both. For anyone who also owns an F150, here is how they look on 24s in 305-35-24 Falken Ziex tires. I’m very...
Back