Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Fuel issues of some sort. Worse over time. Mystery to everyone so far

Hello to you. Excuse me for my translation, hoping it is clear to you. Here is my similar experience. After four appointments at Ford without result. I found it myself. Symtome: ATT. I'm from Quebec No check engine and code that indicated the anomaly. Sept and Oct: Do not start without...
  2. P

What is this module for?

Thank you koda 2000, I take note of your thought. But the module cables are connected to the fuel level cables. If the module was connected to the 12Volt of the gas pump engine, I would understand the link with anti-theft system. Because it would be a way to...
  3. P

What is this module for?

Explorer Sport 2D AWD Canadian made after 04/2002. Two months ago: I ask my local dealer, no return. I went four times, he does not know or does not want to inform me! Thanks in advance. What this small module do for? This module is located between complit fuil pump and the male connection 5...
  4. P

What is this module for?

Since two months, I ask my local dealer, no return. I went four times, he does not know or does not want to inform me! Thanks in advance.
  5. P

What is this module for?

Att: From the inside of the pump: 4 wires. 1- 12 volt red top fuel pump 2- ground black top fuel pump 3- yellow on gasoline level 4- White at the bottom of the petrol level. In module: the yellow and white wires go into module, at the output of the module there are three wires. These three...
  6. P

What is this module for?

Top of the photo: Male connector 5 pins in female car wiring. In the center: Module. Bottom: To the fuel pump.
  7. P

What is this module for?

Explorer Sport 2D AWD Canadian made after 04/2002. What can this small module do for? This module is located between gas pump and the male connection to 5 pins. See photos:
  8. P

Won't start after running hot

Hello to you. If you want, answer the 10 questions the shortest way. Question: 1- What temperature is it in your area now? 2- Does the engine start when the temperature is cold? 3- Does the engine start when the temperature is hot? 4- If the engine starts and you drive it on the road, does it...
  9. P

start with gas on the floor

Here is the new test fuel: Before repair: 20 L / 100 11.76 MPG - US OR 14.12 MPG - Imperial Gallon. Which one do you use? Road Condition: Temperature: - 7 Celcius Winter tire with nails. 8 stops in total. Average of 95 KM / Hrs over 85% and 55 KM / HRS the rest...
  10. P

Thank you very much for your solution. You were right: the culprit was the coolant temperature...

Thank you very much for your solution. You were right: the culprit was the coolant temperature sensor. Thanks again. POL-EXPLOR
  11. P

Thanks to J-C, he found the problem. Coolant temperature sensor. Not easy to change (5 HRS without anything broken, all the bolts were blocked ,,,,,,,,,) Change also the other sensor and termostat in same time. It remains for me to do a gasoline test, it was before...
  12. P

Removing EGR valve

Thank you and excuse me it was well written in your text.
  13. P

Removing EGR valve

If I can: What is FPR?
  14. P

Hello to you, The car never had a light check engine, today check if code on obdII, no code. Also check the fuel pressure, ok pressure 64pci. Note: After starting with the accelerator, the car runs well at highdel, on the road too, but does 11.76 mpg...
  15. P

Thank you J-C, The Idle Air Control Valves has been changed too. I added it to the text above. The yellow cable was connected to the fuel level cable. The other was the neutral white from the bottom of the fuel pump. Enter the module and turns into three cables + 12v...
  16. P

Thank you for your interest. Here is what has been done or replaced: - gas pump. - Fuel Filter - wire of candle. - Candles - Idle Air Control Valves - Clean and check all fuses and relays. car interior and engine compartment. - Clean the right and left multipoint connectors engine...
  17. P

Excuse me. Hello J-C, I want to thank you for your interest. Yes, you understand, tomorrow morning at -10 celcius it will start, after the engine heat ok start with accelerator. If the outside temperature is 5 celcius starts with accelerator. I had already done the...
  18. P

Bonjour JC, Je tiens à vous remercier pour votre intérêt. Oui, vous comprenez, demain matin à -10 ° C, cela démarrera, après que la chaleur du moteur aura démarré avec accélérateur. Si la température extérieure est de 5 Celsius, commence par l'accélérateur. J'avais déjà...
  19. P

Good morning all. I exposed my problem to the forum explorer 2002 \ 2005 no answer in three days ...... I ask if I was in the right place and I was suggested to go 1995/2001 still there no réponce ..... So why? Thank you In the meantime, I cleaned the...
  20. P

Hoping my English not so bad. Hello everyone, Explorer Sport 2002 has 160km currently. For ten years it rolls about 1 month in winters and one month in summer. He drove well for the first 1000 km and died on the road. Low light level gasoline not lit. Take 10 liters and restart it. Some day...
  21. P

I wonder if I am in the right forum for my explore 2002.5?
  22. P

Hoping my English not so bad. Hello everyone, Explorer Sport 2002 has 160km currently. For ten years it rolls about 1 month in winters and one month in summer. He drove well for the first 1000 km and died on the road. Low light level gasoline not lit. Take 10 liters and restart it. Some day...
Back