Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

4.0 swap Simplify harness

Thanks man yeah the paint actually shines up nice for being almost 36 years old. This truck was compleatly stock when I got it. I was only 15 years old and bought it for 875 bucks. I’ve put lots of time into it and it has been sitting for probably 5 years. Can’t wait to get it back in the...
  2. K

Gotta dust my bronco off befor I can start this project. I got the explorer striped of all the parts I think I may need I am still on the hunt for a stock dash I wish I woulda kept some of the things I got rid of. back when I was in high school these things were easy to find parts for so I...
  3. K

I kinda wanna find a stock dash to put in. Is that going to be a pain to wire?
  4. K

Thanks man yeah you really did your homework on that swap. So the yellow hand written paper is the big white plug. What are the numbers for? I see some are maybe corrected off to the side next to the numbers that are written in order.
  5. K

I am useing a chain hoist that’s mounted from the rafters. I should have plenty of clearence. I wish I had a picker tho. Be nice to roll around and help the engine in our out. I can’t wait to see what kinda wiring info you have for me. I think that’s going to be so satisfying to get that...
  6. K

7. K

What do you think about this method. Think it’s a strong lifting point or not. Let me know all your thoughts.
  8. K

I have picked on of these 4.0 ohv befor because I put one in my B2 but I can’t remember where I picked it from. What’s your way of doing it? I see some empty bolt holes on the heads right where the exhost manafolds are mounted. I think I ran a bolt through a chain to them holes last time. Been...
  9. K

Once I get the scamatics from you I will probably start cutting wires. I don’t wanna mess it up too soon haha
  10. K

Once I get the scamatics from you I will probably start cutting wires. I don’t wanna mess it up to soon haha
  11. K

Got the harness out and it’s got way to much goin on what a mess of wires.
  12. K

Yeah I painted the 93 dash that mocha color to match my interior. I will be able to find a dash but yeah I know the dash pads are the parts that get all brittle and crack. The local junk yard here has 7 rangers in that first gen era I will probably be able to get a dash from but never get...
  13. K

I wish I would have never got rid of my stock dash. I hope I can find another one. I will keep my eye out for one and hopefully find one befor I get much further into this project. Bats thanks for all your added info and knowledge. I like the idea of starting in the back of the rig where the...
  14. K

I will take all the information you are willing to give me. Pictures would help me a lot too. I am worried my harness is going to become a rats nest if I don’t have some scamatics or something to get me started taking lum off . I have the explorer under hood harness out all except the ecm plug...
  15. K

Where did you get the best wiring diagram or scamatics, Or did you just trace each wire by wire? What’s the best methods and place to start simplifying the harness. You start at the fuse block?
  16. K

Yes I used that big white round plug on the drivers side fire wall. I really want to get another first gen dash and steering column. I just felt like I had no other option back then and thought I better put the dash from the donor ranger. Now that I am going to tackle this swap for a second...
  17. K

You just blew my mind. I figured this forum wouldn’t even help but I figured I’d try. So another thing is I swapped the whole dash from the 93 ranger back when I did all that and now I wish I woulda kept the stock dash. Should I look around for a first gen dash and harness?
  18. K

I have a 84 bronco 2 that I swapped a 93 ranger 4.0 into, about 10 years ago. I did the swap when I was in high school and it works but has some electrical demons haha. Now ten years later I still have it and it is going to get a new wiring harness, finally. I just got a 93 explorer with bad...
Back