Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Transmission fluid mixed. Redrain or am I fine.

I'm sure it would appreciate some more attention, it wasn't really giving me any problems before just figured it could use fresh fluids. Changed both diffs and tcase fluids aswell. Seems to shift a little firmer and quicker but could just be me looking for an improvement lol. I was gonna check...
  2. C

A little off topic but 1st pic are the old struts I replaced last week, I'm surprised the explorer still drove fairly smooth for the condition. 2nd pic is a missing transmission mount bolt. I got a new bolt from the junkyard but the treads are stripped in the tranny , Logically I want to just...
  3. C

That's what I thought, just hit 230k and I doubt much maintenance outside of oil and plugs ever got done unless is needed to be addressed. Old fluid was dark and brown, so I'll probably be changing the fluid again around tax season since I'll be replacing/upgrading basically the entire top end...
  4. C

So damage will occur with just half a qt of Mercon LV? And that's why I didnt grab Lucas as the full syn already had the needed additives.
  5. C

Last night I decided to change the trans fliter and fluid. I bought 5qts of Valvoline MaxLife since it was on sale and saw others use it over Mercon V with positive results. I guess there was less fluid then I thought since the 5qts wasn't enough, and since it was late and I still needed to...
  6. C

Weird intermittent dying issue.

I'm also chasing a similar problem as you. I'm pretty positive something is heat soaking, as it drives great for my regular 30min drive to work(even in the summer), or as long as I don't park and turn it off for more then five minutes. But if I make that stop i start experiencing what seems to...
Back