Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

What oil to run in 2.3 liter Explorer

based on some API standards they show some top ratings in their products: Warren Distribution is a family-owned business that was founded more than 95 years ago in 1922 by James Schlott, the grandfather of Robert “Bob” Schlott, the current Chairman and CEO. Today, we are the largest private...
  2. J

More REAR brakes vs Front breaks???

photo shows several tubes of grease.....I believe mine called for NGLI 2 that I got at W mart for few bucks in grease gun cartridges & repacked all 8 boots with 2 cartridges using a grease gun needle inserted at furthest point from CV joint near band.......motion will draw the grease to joint
  3. J

More REAR brakes vs Front breaks???

My 2004 MBX 70k had LR fail & replaced. Months later RR failed both creped in wouldn't back off. After the fix I completely hydraulically bleed the system furthest first. Fluid is fairly cheap & used 3-4 syn. & plenty of it. Did not do the ABS block. Everything seems fine. Thanks for the...
  4. J

Rocker tap after oil change

you may find your answer here: Motor oil - Wikipedia
  5. J

What oil to run in 2.3 liter Explorer

A lot of good info thrown out here...........thanks I discovered a few years ago about the API index or grading & JASO The further down the alphabet the better the oil as syn. goes the furthest. Wmt. has a ........SAE 5W 20 Full Syn oil API SP Plus ISLAC G5 under $15 I personally use SAE 5W 30...
  6. J

Metal piece in oil

A SAFE DELAY FOR WATER PUMP ? (that's not leaking) Years ago I put a grease nipple on the water pump cast housing between the fan & block THE WEEP HOLE. When my 78 GMC 1/2 ton (bought new) started a bearing noise, I pumped it full of grease and it lasted for more than a year with frequent...
  7. J

I wanted to revisit a problem I had in the past

NOT SAYING THIS WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED, JUST A HEADS UP ! MY HOLY GRAIL: (Do yourself a favor and watch before commenting !) My 98 Lincoln MkVIII (34k) Ivory/Ivory (1/200+) last yr. prod. had a shift bump at normal traffic speeds. I put MK in and the shift bump disappeared as well as I...
  8. J

Terrible gas consumption...

quote: Catalytic converters are part of a car's exhaust system that reduce the amount of nitrous oxide produced by burning fuel. When working properly the converter should not affect fuel economy, but it can if it becomes clogged or damaged.
  9. J

Sloshing sound with full tank

It is probably water trapped inside a near door. Stick a probe into the lower drain holes at bottom of door to release the water. You may want to rinse the interior by introducing additional water to fully flush the interior. Add water the same way it got in by sticking a small wedge or two...
  10. J

Self-Sealing Tires on 2020 Explorer Platinum?

Ok, so I noticed the 2020 has------- Quote: All-new Ford Explorer is available with new Michelin Selfseal tires; these proprietary tires are lined with an environmentally friendly rubber sealant designed to fill most common tread punctures from nails and screws, dramatically slowing the rate at...
  11. J

Sloshing sound with full tank

had an issue like this once, found one of the doors was collecting water as the drain holes were plugged......
  12. J

Who is dissatisfied with the 2020 Ten-Speed Trans

Congratulations 2020 owners your vehicle is equipped with the most extensive manual to date (533 pages) ! http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/Catalog/owner_information/2020-Ford-Explorer-Owners-Manual-version-1_om_EN-US_03_2019.pdf
  13. J

Adaptive shift in the 2004 Explorer owner guide as in (A I intelligence) pg 149: This vehicle is equipped with an adaptive Transmission Shift Strategy. Adaptive Shift Strategy offers the optimal transmission operation and shift quality. When the vehicle’s battery has been disconnected for any...
  14. J

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/lost-dutchman-s-mine/223955-ldm-why-you-cant-get.html...

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/lost-dutchman-s-mine/223955-ldm-why-you-cant-get.html http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/lost-dutchman-s-mine/327326-ldm-why-you-cant-get-map-10-a.html Probably wont open for you unless you register (free) PS I believe my information has disrupted the Lost...
  15. J

still prefer a Ford over the other two name plates in the US for good reason. was in retail transportation for over 20 yrs and saw them all. . PS Sharin: the Lost Dutchman is Red Mountain, Mt Mc Dowell.......j
  16. J

from part "b" quote: Felker confirmed volunteers had been canvased to work 12-hour shifts, 7 days a week for a 90-day temporary assignment. .
  17. J

part "B" Mysterious problems disrupt delivery of 2020 Ford Explorer, Lincoln Aviator freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2019/09/13/ford-2020-explorer-lincoln-aviator-delivery/2292795001/
  18. J

What is wrong with the 2020 Ford Explorer and Lincoln Aviator?
  19. J

05 ExplorerRSC shut off while driving, Turns-over but won’t stay on?!

so, my OBD2 says no codes, but went thru all the parameters to get to that. two days ago I installed NGK IX iridium plugs similar to the one's in my bike. that fixed the gas pedal sensitivity I was having. found one of the original plugs #1 (?) (front right bank, drivers seat) pulled apart...
  20. J

05 ExplorerRSC shut off while driving, Turns-over but won’t stay on?!

=this just happened to me yesterday outside temp 30 deg.= sometimes a buzzing sound at start up since it got down to freezing lately. engine died while rolling. tried to start like you said but failed 3-4 times. 5th time started & was ok, got home. got a Cen-Tech OBD2 basic unit to read the...
  21. J

Mercon V vs LV??

correct me if I'm wrong, draining the trans nets @ 7 qts if you drop the pan, full capacity is 12.7 qts. Talk to a FORD district rep. Connect with him & nobody will mess with you again. Get some kind of assurance of longevity in writing from the rep because of the dlrshp screw up. Mention an...
  22. J

What's that sound?

Back at you Tim, Look under the hood, sure sounds like a turbulence thing, even a vent flap ! :dunno:
  23. J

5R55W Fluid Fill

Hello, If this can offer any advantage for some : Install Guide - 5R55S, 5R55W & 5R55N - Ford (Automatic Transmission)
  24. J

What's that sound?

Hello, I don't think its anything mechanical. YOU MAY HAVE SOMETHING LOOSE UNDER THE VEHICLE THAT IS FLAPPING FROM THE WIND TURBULENCE.......J
  25. J

Has anyone used MOTORKOTE?

YES-YES-YES Before I dumped this into my bike 2007 HD FXSTSSE I researched this product for several days/weeks and built a 3 ring binder on it. I gave the binder away to a MC Club to help them with the many problems these bikes develop over the yrs & mileage. As I recall Lynaxis who is owned...
Back