Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Still Deciding

So I decided. Just ordered a 2021 VW Atlas Premium R-Line. Should be about 2 months since the factory is only at %40 capacity right now.
  2. F

Still Deciding

I'd like it if they offered the 14 speaker sound system as a stand alone option without the huge display. Cant do the Ipad thing
  3. F

Still Deciding

Well that solves all my decisions. Thank You. So ford shut down the 2020 explorer assy line until September? Curious where you found that information.
  4. F

Still Deciding

Did you go with the tech package? They don't make any really without it as far as I can see. Id have to order one at this stage. Wonder if its worth a 3-4 month wait.
  5. F

Still Deciding

They have known about the problems since the 2020 started coming off the assy line. Been so bad with dealer buy backs and shipping 1000's of vehicles to Detroit to be re inspected because Chicago is a **** show. You don't think they spent any time "worrying" on how to make the vehicle better...
  6. F

Still Deciding

I pretty much gave up on the explorer with all its problems and front end noise that nobody can fix. Seriously considering the 2021 VW Atlas instead. Ford says they will be addressing the problems. What does that mean exactly? I was looking at the Platinum without the Ipad in the dash so I...
  7. F

No Option Platinum

Im almost at the price point of Pulling the trigger. Platinum in metallic with sandstone interior. No tech or wheel upgrade. I think the huge iPad sticking is disgusting. I had massaging seats in my F150 for 3 years. Tried them once and never again. 2 less speakers ill never even notice...
  8. F

2019 Purchase

Im going to take a pass on this one. Id love to have this vehicle as it set up with the captain 2nd row seats. Cant find any 2019's set up like this.
  9. F

2019 Purchase

Dealer said it was sold new in Canada but has no information on what happened. He thought possible a bank repo. He said its still under the full factory warranty and was inspected by the dealership. Another question. The picture of the speedometer has kilometers on the outside ring and MPH on...
  10. F

2019 Purchase

Gave up on the 2020. To many issues. Found a platinum 2019 with 500 miles on it for 45K. Should I be concerned about the carfax? Vehicle went from a Chicago build to Canada then Kansas and has only 500 miles. Seems odd. Owner 3 Purchased: 2019 Date Mileage Source Comments 12/12/2019...
  11. F

Tech Package Worth It? Specifically massaging seats

Thoughts about the IPad sticking up from the dash. Like it don’t like it. I tend to say I don’t but if you want the better stereo it comes with it.
  12. F

Prices Paid for Explorer (6th Generation Only)

MSRP WAS 61,155. Now we’re down to $50,955
  13. F

I have a dealer that shot me an offer of 51,955 on a 2020 Platinum, floor mats and tech package, white in color. Good deal? Built 9-28-19
  14. F

Multiple suspension noises

Yes he didn't know. He was a car show rep or something.
  15. F

Just got back from the Chicago Auto Show. Talked to the Ford rep about the front end problems. He said they had some issue on the earlier models but all that has been taken care of. Wondering what the latest build date is of someone who has the front end noise that ford can't fix.
  16. F

My dealer I'm going to order my Platinum from hasn't heard anything about the front end noise. Salesman and service manager. Never had an explorer in with any noise problems. Don't know if the problem is in so few vehicles it doesn't hit all dealers with that problem.
  17. F

So you bought a bare bones no options aviator?
  18. F

Thank you. That’s some good info I’ll use. I plan on ordering. I want all the suspension and any other problems behind me. Hoping they have those things addressed by now!
  19. F

I’m west of Chicago. I had a dealer contact me thru Trucar for a Platinum, tech package, white, and the 21In polished wheels at an MSRP of 61630.00 for 53,999.00. 4640.00 discount and 3000.00 rebate makes the difference. Should I push for more or is this a reasonable deal?
  20. F

What is your build date? I’m thinking about the Platinum also but ordering one so I’m hoping the problem is behind me.
  21. F

I’m going in on Monday to deal for a 2020 platinum Explorer. I know it’s end of year and end of month. Are dealers sticking to MSRP or can I come in at invoice or below? What kind of deals is everyone else walking away with? Thanks everyone
  22. F

Many dealers do MSRP deals. Some not so much. I'll never do a deal over MSRP. That being said I have the luxury of time. Looks like you got the same expy I did although I got mine last February at dealer cost with a couple rebates. I was happy with my deal too.
  23. F

We have the 2019 Expedition Limited with a couple packages. Love it. Almost 10K miles on it and not a noise or problem yet. Wanted to get into the 2020 Explorer but won't go near it now. Going to take a serious look at the KIA Telluride. So much more, far better warranty and at least 10K...
Back