Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

91-94 sunroof sunshade and center console extension

Check out these links if anyone is looking for a sunshade or console extension piece for any 91-94's: Sunshade: Dead Link Removed Center Console: Dead Link Removed
  2. C

Anyone paint the grill on their 91-94 X?

painted grill When I first got my X, about 2.5 years ago, I hated the black grill...so I painted it to match. I sanded it, primed it, and painted it, but 2.5 years later, some of it is starting to flake off if you look at it closely (about 1 foot away) but nothing noticeable to most...
  3. C

Head Light Lenses

lights The best price I found was here, I think around $50 a piece. http://www.mrtaillight.com/
  4. C

rear main seal

Changed the oil today and noticed a small leak in the rear main seal where the bell housing meets the engine. It is oil leaking, not ATF. My question is how much would it cost to have that seal replaced? I don' t think that it is something I could do myself. anyone have any experinces that...
  5. C

Painting front valiance on 91-94's

stuff Yeah, the flexing agent does help a lot. It is a must for marine applications and fiberglass body kits to prevent flaking/cracking. Anyway, I have a question now. Can you paint over chrome? How hard is it and what are the procedures if you can? I am asking b/c I may need a new rear...
  6. C

Black Ford emblem

Hartman, It looks great, except for that Purdue plate on the back!
  7. C

Painting front valiance on 91-94's

paint I have a 93 sport, which has almost all the trim black, including the valence. I too have thought about painting it, but what really stood out was the black grill, so I painted that instead. It was real easy, so maybe the valence will be too. I just took it off, sanded it many times...
  8. C

2002 Photo Gallery's - Modifications

some pics I found some from the 2nd generation Xplorers:
  9. C

Another lighting problem...

It seems like lighting problems are hitting the 91-94 explorers all at the same time, even mine! For some odd reason, my headlights will begin to blink on and off after they are on for about 10 minutes. It is real annoying, and people in front of me pull over and what not. It is only the...
  10. C

submerged tailpipe

tailpipe Thanks for the info. The water level doesn't go any higher than mid-level on the rear bumper, and I am hoping that it won't rain anymore for a while which would bring the water level down to where it should be. Since it is somewhat inclined as well, I don't think the water would make...
  11. C

submerged tailpipe

I took out the waverunner today and yesterday, but the lake is severly at a high water level, so most of the boat ramps are totally submerged. Anyway, when I back my X into the water, the tailpipe becomes submerged and the engine starts to run rough until I take it out of the water. It is...
  12. C

Mini Aztec

But then again, there is the Vibe, and the vibe GT. Which one to choose...it'll be a tough decision. I know! I will consult the teenie-bopper that is the new designer at Pontiac! That is after she gets out of school at 2:45. (he he he)
  13. C

Mini Aztec

Hey! I am so excited!! I saw a mini pontiac aztec today! oh...nevermind...it was the pontiac vibe...now GM has two of the worst looking and most useless vehicles that I have ever seen.
  14. C

Who has a 2002 XLT??

2002 EB You got your father a great deal. I will be looking to get one this november or december. Where are you located and could you get me a deal close to that one? (just thought I would give it a shot.
  15. C

91-94 billet grill

I think that JC whitney has them, but I forgot if they are black or chrome, and if they are tubular or square?
  16. C

Civic SI beats C5 Corvette

Well, I would still drive a chevy, especially a vette, over any rice burner anyday. just my $.02
  17. C

Anybody seen THIS before???

Grill Guard There were some like that on ebay around 20 or so months ago. I thought about getting one at that time, but an accident set me back. I think that they were being sold out of St. Joseph, MI. I don't know if they are made there, but there is an aftermarket place there that sells...
  18. C

Question for everyone...how much is my X worth?

Why not keep your X? From both pictures, I think your X looks much better than that ranger. just my $.02
  19. C

Broken 91-94 Door Handle ?

update They aren't bolts, they are rivets, and guess what, I don't have a rivit gun, nor have I ever used one before! Does anyone think a small bolt and nut setup will work? A new handle from ford is $40, a little pricey for a broken $0.25 spring.
  20. C

How come wind noise comes in now and the passenger is loose

spring Can that spring be replaced? If so, how, or do I need a new handle?
  21. C

door handle I just took my door apart and found out that it isn't that little plastic piece, but that tiny spring that is located directly in front of the handle itself. You can see where one end is broken. Anyway, I can't get the spring off and I doubt that ford sells that part. I may end...
  22. C

Moisture in Headlight, 91-94's

Try www.mrtaillight.com I got that site from someone else on this forum. They have both the right and left side headlights for the 91-94's for around $50 each. That is the cheapest that I have seen them.
  23. C

door handle Mine just broke yesterday. It has the same symptons, functions fine, yet it is much looser than the passenger side handle. I haven't taken the door apart yet to see, but I suspect that small plastic part is it. Does anyone have that part number?
  24. C

Moisture in Headlight, 91-94's

Has anyone decided to take that huge pond in the middle of the road after it rained? Then later found out all this water seeped into your headlight assembly? I wish I had sealed beams now, but I found a fix. I removed the grill and the parking light and headlight assembly and dried out the...
  25. C

foldable side mirrors?

mirrors I have a 93 sport and I had to pull it through a tight space in my friends backyard to do a radiator flush/fill, and I didn't think that my mirrors folded, but after close inspection and reading my owners manual, they do fold in, but I guess it was an option for that particular year, so...
Back