Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Vehicle Tracking, Mileage, et al.

We left for Florida and return to Jersey in a few weeks - the car is locked up there. Once I give it a shot, I will post. Regrads, Fred
  2. N

I'm gonna give it a shot, Jason. If I recall, I need to remove the trim panel on the driver side of the luggage area to access the modem? Will I need any tools? I am quite the unhandy man! Thank you once again. Your guidance is richly appreciated! Fred
  3. N

Update - forwarded Jason's "fixes" to my dealership's service manger. He opined that by removing power to the onboard modem would create new (unspecified) problems. I did confer with a federal attorney friend. He assures me that Ford has no right to surveillance. To endow that right would...
  4. N

Thanks, Jason. I will share this with the NJ Service Manager. I have SYNC 3.4. Can I do the master SYNC reset myself or is this a dealership thing? I'm just amazed at how this issue seems to be growing internally with Ford. Happy 2020 and thank you! Fred
  5. N

So here's the scoop to-date. (I'm the OP with a name change). Just got back from my selling dealer (Causeway Ford, Manahawkin, NJ). The Service Manager tells me with a grin: "you've started something!" He proceeds to tell that a Ford Dealer somewhere in Texas called him asking how to turn off...
Back