Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. rookieshooter

Ricks Bronco: 1and 1/2

*Ya, ill miss the All Ford and Truck Nationals for sure Tim. Would love to see the present owner take up there. But better yet, take it to one of these east coast rock climbing events like "Big Dogs" and let me ride along.
  2. rookieshooter

The 1950 Willys pickup has always intrigued me. The front Dana 60 that I still have sure would look good in the front of one of these. Of course the truck would be totally radicalized. One of my good friends named Gene says he'll give me a complete Ford 5.0 engine. I know where several of...
  3. rookieshooter

Well fellas, my Bronco was just like a book, almost literally lol. It had a beginning, middle and now the final chapter. I sold it to a gentleman in Baltimore Md who had a business repairing large ships in the harbor. He also bought the trailer. He bought it at a good time when the rig was...
  4. rookieshooter

Bronco ii/ 99 Explorer

Ditto on the 8.8
  5. rookieshooter

1985 Bronco II

Welcome, and thanks for serving our Country.
  6. rookieshooter

These ORI struts worked flawlessly, What a ride. The internal bump stops are great. No harsh bottoming out. Only problem I had was the increased amount of flex due to the longer travel which had the rear top links hitting a part of the cross member. It was at a part that had a lower mounting...
  7. rookieshooter

These pics were taken 10/18 at Gore Va at the Fall Crawl which was put on by the Mid Atlantic Early Bronco group. Those ORI struts are just plain awesome. This will be the last crawl for the Bronco this season. What a year.
  8. rookieshooter

Just finished loading up the Bronco on trailer. Going to head down to Gore Va to the Fall Crawl. This will be the first time for these ORI struts. Hope I've got um somewhat set up right. I'll see how it goes Fri to see if I'll be back on Sat. Still need to slip on the exo doors...
  9. rookieshooter

Tellico Reopening!!!!

Glad to hear this. Trout fishing & Crawlin, just can't get any better.
  10. rookieshooter

Re thinking all of this. May just take it to the big Fall Crawl at Gore Va. next week. Health is fine, mostly a family thing.
  11. rookieshooter

Well guys after years of working on this Bronco 2, I think it's time to put it up for sell. Need to spend more time with the family. It's been one hell of a ride.
  12. rookieshooter

bats 88 Bronco II Build Up aka Project Second Chance

Glad you found it. I would definitely check all grounding strap connections also. Like from engine block to firewall. Even better, I'd put new ones on and make sure there are clean connections to bare metal.
  13. rookieshooter

ARB front D60 Install Heating ring gear up to 350 deg. Shrinking outer diameter of ARB carrier by placing in freezer. Slip ring gear onto ARB and torque each bolt to 110 foot pounds after adding Loctite to threads. The soap stone marks help in sequencing the bolts for torquing.
  14. rookieshooter

Just received my new Dana 60 ARB. There was a little damage during shipping, but 4Wheelparts payed to have it shipped back to them and then sent another one. It's a 35 spline meaning I'll need new front chromo axle shafts due to the higher spline count. Also I purposely ordered the 4.10 and...
  15. rookieshooter

99 ranger

:popcorn:
  16. rookieshooter

Ford Racing unveils 460ci small block

Not a bad dilemma to be in. I got the rear D70 with ARB and the front D 60 partially built now, just waiting for another ARB since they sent me the wrong one. Both shortened.
  17. rookieshooter

Big Dogs Fall Crawl

I'm going to try to make this one. Need to really give my new ORI struts a work out. Only thing I really have to do is to get permanent tags for the trailer. My temp tag will be out. My last two times down there this year someone in our group has :roll: lol. The last trip my camera did...
  18. rookieshooter

Here's a vid of the new ORI struts going up some rocks. As anyone knows who tried to take videos of your rig going up or down, it just does not do it justice. It's always steeper then what it shows. I'm trying to show how it does not push off like my spring shocks did. You can tell by...
  19. rookieshooter

Finally off the steel ramps and onto some rocks. So far they're just great. Other rear strut is starting to stuff while this one is starting to droop. But what I love about them is the way there is no pushing off of the front struts. The coilovers would have been pushing the front...
  20. rookieshooter

Fox coilovers

$275 Includes shipping lower 48. Great price even if used for spares. Has been sold
  21. rookieshooter

Fox coilovers

Since I've gone to ORI struts I have no use for these Fox coilovers. They're 2.0 x 10" travel. No leaks oil or nitrogen. They will ship with no nitrogen. Worked great on my Bronco which had great flex. One has a bent aluminum lower bolt mount. May need new shaft or just the end piece...
  22. rookieshooter

The 4.0 Swap was chump change compared to this - Look inside...

That's cool. Now just get a few more loads for a hill to climb up and come down. Handled it real well, I might add.
  23. rookieshooter

Totally ORI'd out! Have not taken off road yet but the initial ride around town was just so much fun. The internal bump stops worked great on some pot holes lol. No more bone jarring bumps. Whipping the wheel now makes it feel like a sports car, plus no more diving down when applying heavy...
  24. rookieshooter

Received my new nitrogen gauge. Now to get going on the actual install of those struts. After rigging up a fill line to charge struts I just followed the instructions that were supplied with the struts. First I filled the lower part of the strut with about 90#. This will give me a...
  25. rookieshooter

The 4.0 Swap was chump change compared to this - Look inside...

Kept scrolling back from trout to diff cover patch, but ultimately the trout won. Don't get me wrong, the patch job is a thing of beauty. Glad you use the more fish friendly net then the old string nets. I still use the same fly rod that bought when I was a kid back in what they called Jr...
Back