Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Sloshing sound with full tank

Interesting to know Ford never fixed this issue. Maybe it’s more pronounced due to the tank location, but this issue just seems wrong for this day and age. It feels like a lack of engineering and quality if it is normal for the gas tank design, location and general sound proofing. Im certainly...
  2. H

For me the sound goes away at half tank.
  3. H

I would say that is a fair comparison. I do believe the AWD is also doing something that feel odd at times. Again what gets me is this disappears under a half tank of gas.
  4. H

Burning smell from HVAC system

Interesting that you mention this. I took delivery in Nov (Michigan) but I don’t think the AC works. The car has a very light pull to the left and I planned to take it into the dealership and mention all my issues. The left pull is funny when the lane centering is on. It snakes down the highway.
  5. H

That’s what I thought as well. I’ll have to get it looked it. I’ll say the AWD on the 2020 makes funky noises but it goes away at half tank.
  6. H

Yes 100% when stopping or reversing then shifting to D.
  7. H

No sometimes I roll down the windows to air out then I don’t notice it again after driving it.
  8. H

Took delivery end of November. I only notice it when it’s sitting and warming up. Never while driving it. I figured it was just new break in smells but it’s still hanging in there.
  9. H

Thanks! Yes, I have never had a car that I ever heard this and this is my 3rd Explorer since 2013. I do notice the AWD does make funky noises when stopping or reversing. I have had a few different people confirm they hear it. Sounds goes away under half tank.
  10. H

I only notice this when I use the remote start under 30 degrees for 10 min or longer but there is a semi strong smell of burning plastic or something. I thought it was the heated seats as mine get crazy hot fast but I ruled that out by turning them off in the remote start settings.
  11. H

Anyone else notice the sloshing gas noise with a full tank? I have a loaded XLT.
Back