Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Show your 1st gen flex

I cut out four 1/4 inch plates, 2 of them slightly shorter. Drilled the holes and mounted them to the framerails. Notched the ends with a grinder to fit the main tube and just built up from there. Tacked pieces together, then removed to fully weld.
  2. D

Show your 1st gen flex

I fabbed that bumper up when I was in high school, its all cut and welded, didn't have access to a bender at the time....it hasnt failed me yet though
  3. D

SASed....But Drivelineless

It does actually, the aproach angle is awsome.....but I kinda like the one I made for it, just need to put it back on...:p:
  4. D

Yea I was just going to get some tubing and heims for the steering but the D30 sway bar mounts are in the way. I might just go ahead and flip the one I have now. I still have half inch flat stock I have to cut out for the shackles, rear shock mounts and other small stuff to do. I just wanted to...
  5. D

Thanks guys These things were kinda already on my "to do list". I dont know whether to fab up a new steering setup to solve the panhard draglink angle with this axle or get a D44 and get Dynatrac brackets when I get back, and then fab up a new steer setup. Dont know, but I didnt think the...
  6. D

Pics from today of my SAS Just thought I'd post some pics of my truck from a little wheeling trip. I didnt have time to lengthen the front drive shaft so it was 2wd today but ohwell. Too lazy to put the bumper on too. Anyways, its a 92 xlt with a HP dana 30 up front. 6 inch BDS ranger coils, es...
  7. D

2 1/2 ton axles

That big decision will turn your X into a big truck though..... ;)
  8. D

Ammo Can Racks

How about a frame for the bottom made out that angle iron stuff? Then maybe weld some sort of piece on the side of the box so that a mechanism mounted to the frame can clip on to......maybe?, i dont know.....i tried :)
  9. D

91 expo on full widths

That thing is pretty mean looking.... badass explorer man.....
  10. D

Bronco was tubed and painted!

Bronco looks great.......sch 40 pipe is what my bumpers are made of, and havent had any problems with it.
  11. D

Barack Obama linked 2nd gen. SAS

Lookin good man....
  12. D

Trail Doors!

Nice work........Ive been thinking about trail doors myself instead of tube ones.
  13. D

Trail Doors!

Thats a cool idea, but how strong is the door after all that cutting?.....
  14. D

Lifeguard's sas.

Nicely done man...
  15. D

Flatbed, rollcage phase 2 project

I love that setup......ur a badass
  16. D

Photo shoot time! post em here!

Heres my rig, and the phases she went through.... Stock... James Duff 2.5, 32s Solid Axle Swap..Almost Done
  17. D

Worst stuck pic thread

Oh Im not worried about taking the paint off the side of my truck while wheeling, I just wanna try to stop the metal on my suspension from rusting as much as I can, its still bare metal. Even then its going to get pelted with rocks and such.
  18. D

Worst stuck pic thread

No my truck has been in my back yard since I broke it in feb. After my truck is wheelable Im definately up for some runs. I just need shocks, gears for rear and small stuff like paint.
  19. D

What tires? I wanted 35s but Im not sure how top heavy it will be and with the Dana 30 factor. I was thinkin wide 33s like 33x13.50s or 14.50s.
  20. D

Ill double check the size of the driveline tube, that will probably the last thing I do on my truck so Ill spend my time on it. I still need shocks, 8.8 gears, rims and tires.
  21. D

Worst stuck pic thread

Just let the mud dry..........
  22. D

Worst stuck pic thread

I fabbed it myself, same with rear bumper too.
  23. D

Worst stuck pic thread

The water wasnt high enough to reach the engine, just high enough to get the carpet nice and wet and burry the axles under the sand. The brakes didnt like that very much either...especially the drums. This was last June also, it hasnt rained that hard here since then and my truck is SASed now...
  24. D

Worst stuck pic thread

Banishment...??!! Alright, One night I went out to meet some friends out in Box Canyon out by Wickenburg, Az one night. It was raining later that day so the river and canyon was flooding a little, but, ...enough to cross with my truck, so I thought. After crossing the water a bunch of times to...
  25. D

Worst stuck pic thread

Here ya go, my dumba$$ was stuck in that for about 4 hours. :rolleyes:
Back