Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Noise From Rear Door Panels ST (cracking/popping)

I didn’t take it completely apart. The rubber strip is held on by tension. I wiggled a couple clips out to see what was going on but that’s as far as I went. Taking that rubber stripping off is very easy, just requires some patience.
  2. R

Prices Paid for Explorer (6th Generation Only)

$57050 MSRP 53500 “Adjusted Cost” 51250 After Rebates Live in Philadelphia, purchased the car in New Jersey. 10/19 build 11/19 purchase. I traded in a Silverado, dealership gave me extra on that as well. 29k out the door
  3. R

Not sure if anybody else was having this problem? I started taking things apart and realized what the issue was. The foam/rubber on the door is held in place by pink plastic “trim panel retail clip” type of things. When they move, they scrape the panel and make noise. I took the foam/rubber off...
  4. R

ST HVAC (cold/hot air) System Noises/Problems

Is anybody else experiencing “popping/cracking” noises coming from the system. Generally during initial start up if the vehicle has been sitting, is when I hear it the most. For the first 10-15 minutes my system makes a lot of noise. I took it to the service center and the tech said “unable to...
  5. R

Second row seat folding forward when unlocking?

Had this problem with the passenger side 2nd row seat. Service center claimed they replace a switch of some sort. The seat would be forwarded and folded upon entry of the vehicle. I “set” it back into place with some force and it hasn’t repeated the problem.
  6. R

I searched (apparently not hard enough) for a thread about this. Thanks for your help. I’ll do some research. Wasn’t sure if anybody had a suggestion for something to shim in the door panel, without taking the entire thing apart?
  7. R

Build Date 10/19 Purchased 11/19 I’m experiencing a loud popping/cracking noise from the rear driver side door. The noise is observed when traveling over uneven pavement. It sounds as if adhesive is separating and reconnecting. I took the vehicle to a local Ford Service center. Technician there...
Back