Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Rpm surge

Problem solved
  2. J

Rpm surge

I just read the codes. Random/multiple cylinder misfire detected. Engine misfire deteced on startuo (first 1000 revolutions). Egr A flow insufficient detected. Egr A flow excessive detected. Those are p0300 p0316 p0401 and p0402. I tried to start the explorer 10 minutes later and no problems...
  3. J

Rpm surge

Hello, i just drove my exploerer for 30 miles and about 2 hours later i wanted to leave. Now i started it and as soon as it starts the engine refs up like i am flooring the gas pedal. Does anyone have an idea whats going on, could it be a timing chain issue? Thank you.
  4. J

Transmission or torque converter?

You said that you change the fluid yourself? Maybe it is low on fluid, try to put a quart in there and see what happens (keep in mind too much fluid is bad too because the transmission oil will start to bubble and not be able to cool the transmission). I think it might be "low fluid" because you...
  5. J

4.0 engine cart or cradle

I would like to know where all expert like you get the donor engine from? Rebuild, refurbished or junkyard?
  6. J

Has Anyone Seen A $750 Intake Gasket Estimate

Those shops in the USA are a rip off, at least that's what i experianced. Rear Brake pads $700, shop refuses to change the pads if i don't do rotoes too. Fuel assembly in bmw, labor is ok with $200 but for the part they charge $400, at the bmw dealership the part costs $200, aftermarket $50...
  7. J

Transmission or torque converter?

Maybe check the transmission fluid? What color is it, does it smell burnt, are you low on fluid? Maybe try to drop the pen, replace the fluid that was in the pen, clean the pen/magnet and replace the filter. Once i had problems too, so i decided to add 2 bottles of lukas stop slip transmission...
  8. J

Sluggish Acceleration

I had a sluggish acceleration too when i bought my explorer. The solenoid pack was bad (no CEL light but O/D was on) (the wire connector corrodet and the female plug of the solenoid pack was bad too so i had to replace both). At my explorer the a/c water drips on the plug to the solenoid pack...
  9. J

Cabin Filter in 2003 Explorers?

There are YouTube videos out there that show how to put an a/c filter in the air intake for the a/c. For me it isn't worth the effort, so i put the car a/c on "max" then the a/c flap door closes and the car recycles the air.
  10. J

Radiator replacement

Thank you for your reply. Ok so it seems to be a relatively quick job, do you know how much time i should calculate for the job? I'm pretty busy right now but if it's a 2 hour job i prefer to do it myself instead of paying a shop $600-800 for it.
  11. J

Radiator replacement

Hello, I think i need to replace my radiator but I'm not 100% sure. Yesterday my explorer started to lose a lot of coolant (after a 40 mile ride); once I got homw I literally could hear cooling spraying out. I couldn't see where the coolant was coming from but i saw that it dripped down at the...
  12. J

2002, Explorer, I really need help

One of the wires to the starter could be bad. Also, i had a non start condition too, turned out that it was the ignition lock was bad (idk if it's called igntion lock, i mean that thing where you put your key in and turn it around to start the car)
  13. J

Transmission trouble

Hi to my understanding it is most likely that you have debris in passages of the solenoid pack or in the valve body. I don't know if it is worth to change those parts because they are expensive and it is not certain that it will fix the problem. In this forum people usually recommend a fluid and...
  14. J

New Member, tracing coolant loss

Maybe it's the same thing, I've never seen a radiator cap in my explorer. But the cap on the coolant reservoir is supposed to open if the pressure reaches a certain level and i have heard that the spring in the cap can get weak over time and then it opens up too early, this can couse steam to...
  15. J

New Member, tracing coolant loss

It could be the coolant reservoir cap ($5-10) or the water pump.
  16. J

Need parts

Did you try it at a junk yard?
  17. J

Issues with repair shop

Update: good news. i did some Research and found that a bad oil cooler gasket could cause oil to mix with the coolant too. My explorer never overheats so i tested the coolant reservoir with an combustion leak detector and that test said that there is no exhaustion gas in the coolant. My question...
  18. J

Issues with repair shop

Ok so that means that it is more then likely that the guy that "refurbished" it screwed it up. If thats the case it is better not to pay another $600 to put another "refurbished" engone in From this guy. I appreciate your help.
  19. J

Issues with repair shop

Hey guys i was busy this week but next week i will contact the mechanic shop and see what they have to say. My question is if they dont offer to replace the engine for free should i offer to pay somewhat like $600 (if they also give me 30days warranty on labor)? Meanwhile i thought of what to...
  20. J

Issues with repair shop

Thank you all for your help. Does anyone know if the 2005 V6 can overheat (and blow the head gasket) if the coolant was only 1 to 1.5 gallon low? The gauge never showed that the engine was getting too how and i also didn't get a "low coolant" warning from the car.
  21. J

Issues with repair shop

The guy that refurbishes the engines weekend together with them so i guess usually he doesn't have problems with them. I thought it makes sense that they will not but another engine in for free if the refurbished one was defect to begin with... Yes it's 2 seperate invoices, does that make a...
  22. J

Issues with repair shop

Thank you for your help. No he didn't tell me that i need to replace any coolant parts in order to get the warranty and it is also not in writing. In writing is that i have 0 miles warranty for labor BUT i don't think that falls under warranty i think that falls under liability. Because they...
  23. J

Big issue with shop

I think it might be similar to cases where you go for a oil change and then they forget to fill up the oil. I'll call the shop tomorrow and if necessary a lawyer. I read that florida has warranty of fitness and merchand for everything that has to do with houses but i dindt find anything about...
Back