Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Mikey*TX

2nd row in the 2020 XLT.......now mostly Captain's Chairs?

Huh ? The 6th gen Explorer has always had a 3rd row. Te exception being the PIU and you don't want one !
  2. Mikey*TX

Mirror, mirror on the wall ........mirror motor fails

So today, w/o warning the right mirror malfunctions. Dealer checks it. The motor is toast. (mumble) None in the TX region. It is coming from the hermit kingdom I guess. Oh well, such is life.
  3. Mikey*TX

Second Row Head Rest Removal

Exactly ! Two small push buttons. One for each post. Sadly, an Aggie must have designed it as it takes two to remove it and one to make the tic tock vid. ;)
  4. Mikey*TX

Trouble filling gas tank

I'm speaking of the fuel nozzle attached to the pump hose.
  5. Mikey*TX

2021 Explorer replace regular rear view mirror with self dimming type

Before you tear it up, why not inquire of a different dealer ? Or, even a third. If they as well turn thumbs down, you have your answer.
  6. Mikey*TX

Trouble filling gas tank

Another issue is the feedback sensor built into the end of the filler tube that goes into the car can get out of whack. Not sure how it happens except that a service tech showed me a damaged one. Evidently there has been an issue with some people trying to remove them using a pliers in the...
  7. Mikey*TX

12v Power Points Temporarily Not Working?

My ex wife flew over your Explorer. She is known to cause electrical disruptions to BCM's .................... YMMV :rolleyes: :D
  8. Mikey*TX

2021 Explorer replace regular rear view mirror with self dimming type

Personally, I'd let a Ford dealer do the install. Inexpensive insurance. If you do it and fry the electronics, good luck getting it repaired under warranty. JMHO .............
  9. Mikey*TX

Do fuses go bad with age?

The metal blades tend to oxidize over time, just as a penny will discolor with age. My ex-wife had a similar issue ................. :rolleyes:
  10. Mikey*TX

Something I found with my ST re Easy Entry / Exit

The issue is not the BCM. The BCM is an inert object. The issue resides with the software and that, is the achilles heel. Why? Because a human being did the coding ! YMMV
  11. Mikey*TX

Trouble filling gas tank

Yup ................. Several ladies in my past will attest to that. ;)
  12. Mikey*TX

Getting a 2021 XLT Sport appearance package, which color?

Because of runs in the paint .................. :rolleyes::D
  13. Mikey*TX

Rattles!

Grandma Grumpy's teeth rattle when she rides with me. She claims it's my driving. ;)
  14. Mikey*TX

Missing Part? - Clip in the glove box

It is called supplier issues. The clip and glove box are considered a single item based on the parts print out from my dealer. The damn glove box clip is sourced from a foreign country. Go figure ! Because the subcontractor cannot supply the clip to the vender that supplies Ford with the...
  15. Mikey*TX

Missing Part? - Clip in the glove box

The tow eye is not there because the production units have a solid bumper behind the nose clip. I posted pictures of this in a different thread. As for the strut tower insulator and the rear air deflector, Ford deleted the strut tower insulator from the production units. The picture that was...
  16. Mikey*TX

Livernois tune experience

Now that I've 5K on the new ST, it's time for an oil change and tune. ;)
  17. Mikey*TX

Upgraded B&O System Sound Quality...

Well, tomorrow it goes in for further up grades. The dashboard center speaker and the lower second row speakers.
  18. Mikey*TX

Infotainment.com touch screen upgrade

Interesting youtube upgrade for those wanting the larger screen in their Explorers. I am not associated with this company financially ......... Nor do I receive free beer. ;)
  19. Mikey*TX

Who is dissatisfied with the 2020 Ten-Speed Trans

I'm with blwnsmoke. I leave it in normal on startup. Once the system warms up, then I switch to Sport mode as I like the screen layout and color.
  20. Mikey*TX

2020 Explorer exhaust smell

When is this happening ? On cold startup ? If so, you're going to have to leave it overnight, regardless of the dealership you go to. Manifolds expand against the gaskets as the engine heats up. That could be the reason the tech can't find an issue. The other suspect is the gas source. I make it...
  21. Mikey*TX

What is this connector and button?

Many dealers install aftermarket tracking/anti-theft devices on their lot vehicles. This gives the F&I person a chance to up sell the subscription service as an add on. The dealer gets a cut of the activation fee. The service mimics OnStar. My suggestion is you make the dealer remove it at their...
  22. Mikey*TX

I test drove an ST today

Exactly. still trying to figure out where the idea came from.
  23. Mikey*TX

Really dumb ebrake question...

This is simply Fords way of protecting itself from losing a long term customer. ;) If you were to open the door, lean to far and fall under the Explorer ......... :dead: 🤣
  24. Mikey*TX

Gas octane requirement

I run 87 in my ST. No issues. IMHO, 93 isn't worth the extra cost per gal. FYI, the DPS runs 87 in the PIU's. They have no issue catching speeders. ;)
Back