Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

Hey Folks, I bought a used 2016 which was out of warranty. I noticed the hood when we bought it and sure enough Ford approved a brand new hood. I have a 2017 and its just starting to bubble. It goes in next week to have it looked at. I won't settle for anything less than a new hood. Keep...
  2. D

A/C Rear Line Leak

An update on mine. I pulled the suction line off and had a look. The line was pitted and corroded in a few spots. The high pressure line was the same. I wasn't able to find AlumBond (in Canada) so I reached out to AutoCoolingSolutions. They sent me the 2011-2015 hose kit to try on my 2016...
  3. D

A/C Rear Line Leak

Hi Folks, Add me to the list of Explorer owners with the rear A/C line leak. My 2016 XLT with 49,000km is leaking. I came out the other day and could hear a hiss coming from the rear. NOT GOOD. Sure enough I stripped away the rear insulation which was full of A/C coolant and right on the...
  4. D

Supporting Ford!

Supporting Ford!
  5. D

Remote access

Fortin makes the evostart2 which does the same thing but without a yearly cost. You can add it to the EVO ONE starter
  6. D

Remote access

Well unfortunately it looks like the remote access module has been discontinued due to lack of interest. I have a 2016 and 2018 I’ve been trying to find modules for and I’ve been striking out. The perimeter plus security module is still available however the actual remote access module is...
  7. D

Humming/ vibration sound after lift

Since putting on my truxx lift I seem to go through more upper ball joint boots and sway bar links. The humming may be from the wheel bearings.
  8. D

A10 SD card for navigation

I recently put eBay A10 cards in both my 2016 explorer and 2011 edge. Both are running 3.10.
  9. D

07 Sprt Trac - No 4wd Low

The weather hasn't warmed up enough for me to crawl under the truck yet. I'm going to give it a rap with a mallet and see what happens. I have a feeling it's just gummed up from lack of use. I don't get any flashing lights or MIL indicators.
  10. D

07 Sprt Trac - No 4wd Low

I was out in the snow this morning in my explorer and decided to give 4x4 low a try as it's been awhile. I did the old neutral + brake and low and behold no 4x4 low. I didn't hear the usual relay click or shift motor either. Fuses all look good as well. Am I heading down the road for a new 4x4...
  11. D

4x4 Clunk

If your driving around town just leave it in 4 Auto. I only put it in 4 HI if I need to plow through deep snow or down an icy or snow covered road. If your turning in 4 Hi then it is defintely going to howl and bind up. You should be able to tell when it's in 4 wheel. With mine I can...
  12. D

4x4 Clunk

I love my 07 Trac but has anyone else noticed that if you gas it from a stop and a wheel slips the truck makes a loud pop when the 4 wheel engages? The 4 wheel drive works fine but it's annoying how harsh the 4 wheel engages when a wheel slips and the rest are on dry ground. My father in law...
  13. D

Battery Keeps Going Dead on 2006 Explorer!

Did you tap the R/S lines into the factory door lock and unlock wires? If so you need to isolate them with diodes. If not the GEM won't goto sleep and will kill your battery.
  14. D

Jerky Ford Explorer XLT

It could be the dpfe sensor. I know ford 3.0 and 4.0 engines go through those things like candy. It will cause that jerky sensation you are describing and 90% of the time it produces that code too!
  15. D

Harsh downshift to first gear ( 4x4 V8 )

There is quite a few TSB's on this issue. Some people have had luck only needing the pcm/tcm updated. Others like myself have needed to have the mechatronic assembly replaced. My Trac is currently getting a second mechatronic assembly installed because the TCM on the first one died. Anyway...
  16. D

2002 V8 oil pressure sender replacement

Update: Well maybe this will help you. I pulled the plug off the sensor and back probed it with a needle. If i test the switch with my mulimeter for continuity while the car is running the switch is closed. With the car off the switch is open. I tried grounding out the connector from the...
  17. D

2002 V8 oil pressure sender replacement

My father inlaws 02 explorer just started doing the same thing. It will jump back and forth and sometimes it will even jump up if you step on the gas. I havent' had a chance to look at it yet but the dealer said to check the wire going to the plug. He said sometimes they go bad from the heat.
  18. D

problems switching gears

There is a TSB for this.
  19. D

16" Teardrop's on 07 Sporttrac

Hi, I've got a set of 16" explorer teardrop rims laying around and the salt is eating my 18" Sporttrac rims. Will the 16" rims fit on my 07 sporttrac? Is the backspacing the same?
Back