Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Too many noises.....

I used to get a loud pop/clunk sound coming from the front end whenever I went into reverse and then back into forward. Turned out it was the radius arms were bouncing around in their little hole thing. I put new bushings on and it was great.
  2. S

I can't remember how to put it back together!!!

Isn't it wierd? I can rebuild the engine, I can install a lift kit alone, but I can't figure this dumb thing out?
  3. S

I think I found it. I stumbled across this at autozone.com.
  4. S

Nope, it doesn't help actually. I'm looking for a pic of where the cables from both wheels come together and connect to the cable that goes to the e-brake pedal. Thanks for trying though.
  5. S

I can'tfigure out for the life of me how the e-brake is supposed to fit together. The part I'm talking about is where the two cables meet and then connect to the cable going to the pedal. I hope somebody knows what I'm talking about. Could somebody please post a pic of this connection...
  6. S

leaking brake fluid from end of new hose!!

Well, I took it apart and made sure that there was no dirt or crap in the threads, and tightened it back on, and now it works. I must have had a tiny rock stuck in there or something. Thanks for you input.
  7. S

Yes. They are the Pro Comp hoses built for the explorer.
  8. S

I think, from what you have said, that the seat is good. The other two hoses work great. I'll look at it closer tomorrow. Thanks.
  9. S

Behind the nut on the stock line.
  10. S

I finished my lift kit and was bleeding the brakes, and brake fluid started leaking from the top end of the extended brake lines that I had installed. I checked the fitting and made sure it was tight. I disconnected the fittings and made sure there was nothing in the threads that would cause a...
  11. S

Before and after pics of my new lift!!!

I figured the boots would be a good idea, to keep out all of the salt and crap that gets everywhere in the winter here, and to keep mud, sand, rocks, dirt and dust out. I know they have good seals, I thought it wouldn't hurt to put them on. I'm not sure how they would make the body of the...
  12. S

BDS Suspension 83-97 Ranger 6" kit on My '91 EX!!!

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157737
  13. S

yep. I have now ramp, But I do have two jacks. I jacked up my truck from opposite corners under the axles, got my brothers to come out and put their weight on the bumpers, and measured the short and long lengths of the shocks. I had previously talked to a few of the guys over at four wheel...
  14. S

Turns out they gave me the wrong shocks. The front shocks are just a hair too short. The spring could not even stretch out all the way. The rear shocks were too long. The truck just rested on the shocks. Yes, I did make sure that I was putting the shocks in the right place.
  15. S

Alignment after lift?

How long should I wait before I get an alignment done? I assume that the new springs will settle a little bit, and so if you get the alignment done too soon, will you have to do it again once the springs settle in? Does it even make that much of a difference if I wait or not?
  16. S

In a couple days, after the alignment is done, I'll take it up to the mountains and get some action pics.
  17. S

I'm not exactly sure what your trying to say. It's a BDS Suspension 6" kit for a Ranger.
  18. S

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157737 I probably should have started that thread in here instead.
  19. S

After. I told you it looked funny. Yeah, I know it needs bigger tires now.
  20. S

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157506 This is the thread from when I did my lift. It ended up costing me about $1200.
  21. S

brake bleeding question!!!

That's what I thought, I just didn't want to have to do it all over again. Thanks.
  22. S

brake bleeding question!!!

When you have to bleed the brakes on all four tires, do you start with the back or the front tires first? I should know this but my brain has died.
  23. S

Shocks is all that is left to do. And reconnect the rear brake line.
Back