Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Ohv startup rattle/metallic sound

hmmm well the first video sounds like locking compressor kinda but then that second I didn’t see till now, that sounds more like either the camshaft synchronizer/sensor or the starter bendix gear interfering with The ring gear maybe not releasing properly or simply a loose starter perhaps
  2. W

Ohv startup rattle/metallic sound

almost sounds like your ac compressor cycling on and off and at the same time locking up
  3. W

how to test the crank sensor

sweet, you had it figured out to begin with...i assume you don’t hear the pump priming when key ignition on (if you do hear the pump you need check for a clogged filter and/or for pulse at injectors) ...anyway make sure you have power at the pump harness before you bother dropping the tank and...
  4. W

Disc brake conversion

The Key is proper adjustment (As drums require regular adjustment and maintenance of the “self adjusters” ) and the real temptation for many to jump to discs is they too “tupid” to replace shoes let alone adjust them....and discs are comparatively simple when faced with a sophisticated drum system
  5. W

Disc brake conversion

Proven ?? How you mean ? Well I disagree that dos s are superiority in every way ...that is a silly statement.... discs are better in high speed light duty applications but for heavy loads and low speeds drum are superior....try holding a 2 ton load on a hill with your discs Mr superior haha
  6. W

Disc brake conversion

NOO the best way is not to do it...meaning drum brakes are vastly superior to weee little rear discs And the lame ass parking brake that goes with it hahahahaha...seriously why in the world take away one of the 1st gens best traits (On purpose at that lol) The rear brakes are fine trust me...
  7. W

how to test the crank sensor

easiest to test while installed on the engine, so pop it back in and check for signal pulse while cranking (I think the lack of continuity across the terminals is a good sign as far as health of the sensor) anyways check for pulse at the sensor itself and also at the pcm side of circuit you...
Back