Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Captain Morgan, '95 D44 Sas

Check First Over All shocks, I have their coil-overs on my ride, 14"s on the front and 16"s out back. A copy of the Kuster shocks of old. Mike Tieman is the owner, and worked with me personaly to get what I needed. As for the others beside Bilstein and Fox, they're all the same just branded and...
  2. B

HP Dana 44 with coil-overs

So who has coil-overs on the front of their trucks. would like to see some pics so I'll know I'm going in the right direction with my ride.
  3. B

dana 44 front (yes i know theres a search)

Hey man, he didn't mention that and said he did't know much about it, so I thought I would throw out that little issue. Your right about 034x4 using the D44, it was Yomie who used a D30 on his swap and looking or in the middle of swapping to a D44 also. Just feed him the info he may need and...
  4. B

dana 44 front (yes i know theres a search)

Don't think your issue will be axles but steering as you have rack and pinion. Us 1st gen drivers have the old worm drive and pitman arm so all we had to do was fab a drag link. Not sure what the frame difference is between a Ranger and Exploder but 034x4 has done a leaf swap and D30 on the...
  5. B

94 FW Leaf Sprung on 38.5s

Not sure but I think the C5 torque converter has a lock up, and the C4 doesn't. When doing the conversion, you want to use a C4 valve body and converter, the rebuilt converters offered for the C5 are now just offered as nonlockup. I hope that you flushed out your trans lines leading to the...
  6. B

Section525 - D44 2nd gen. leaves SAS

(giantmotorsports.com) has some pics of an engine cage they sell for 900.00. give you some ideas on how to build one.
  7. B

best to be safe and buy a new one, didn't know that they still use standard thread on the fullsize stuff. I ajusted the rod on my M.C. after doing the swap. The shop who made my flex lines were a little confused as to why I had metric from M.C. to standard on the axle side. Had to explain that...
  8. B

try bleeding it, if not better then buy one for fullsize F150. They may be the same because wieght is about the same as with a single cab
  9. B

master cylinder Check the vacuum line leading to the power brake booster before you do anything else.Not sure if this will help, with my swap didn't have any brake issues. Stainless lines have a smaller I.D. and will add to the line pressure when it kicks down to the caliper. Depending on the...
  10. B

BMXking's Axle Swap 1st gen. Coils/Radius Arms!!!

Looks good Bryan, I'm just waiting for the drive-shafts to get back and mine will be done. Just finished the bed cage at about 1:00 a.m this morning, and then it's off for the emissions test and tag office.
  11. B

Bryan, to late now but I have a template for a trac-bar mount to use if some one here is using the stock pitman arm and 78-79 Dana 44 with chevy tie-rod ends. The only thing keeping me off the road now is an emissions test. Keeping the 8.8 for now as I sold the 9 inch to a "heeper". Money is...
  12. B

Looks good Bryan, your neighbor has laid perfect welds for you. Have to say that is one part you won't have to worry about failing. It's a shame I sell the machines and parts all day and can't weld worth a damn. I'm down to shocks and driveshafts before mine is done.
  13. B

You got any shocks on your front end yet? Trying to figure out what size to get, and seeing what else everybody else is using.
  14. B

thanks for the pics, may get a couple sets made up if there's an interest for them.
  15. B

I'm heading down to Griffin tomorrow, I'll check up on those parts, I'll leave a voicmail if he has what you need.
  16. B

034x4's D44 SAS thread...

so do you slam the glass on the table? slam it on the floor? or same it with no net?
  17. B

hey 034x4, all the other redneck ways were listed so I added that part in, having the studs pressed in at a brake shop and paying the guy to do it is usually cheaper and faster
  18. B

air hammer, WD-40, and freeze the studs the night before
  19. B

why spend the money on nickel rods? if you put a grinder to the metal and you get sparks you don't need the expensive nickel rods. Of course when is the last time anybody saw "cast iron" used on a car? Cast iron is porous with a high silica content, put heat to it and the nickel fills the voids...
  20. B

I would check parts before doing anything drastic, something doesn't sound right. the inner spindle bearing is a pain to get out but the rest was easy.
  21. B

Are you talking about the inner bearing on the spindle that the outer drive shaft rides on? or the wheel bearing on the rotor?
  22. B

I think maybe the bearings are wrong? Everything just went back together like cake. The only problem I had with my rebuild was a C-clip on a universal not going on right. Sounds like something is bass akwards with your parts.
  23. B

ohe-boy is your problem on both sides or just one? I have the same axle and no problems like that. Maybe something is a little out of round.
  24. B

Went with the Chevy TRE's on my axle, heims on the trac bar. Besides the clatter of heim joints I think it's personal preference as what you go with. With this being your daily I would go with the TRE's, when the time comes. 100.00 for the TRE's, 60.00 for tube adapters, 70.00 for heims, and...
  25. B

I didn't get off work till after dark so I didn't get any pics. will get those to you by the weekend. I left my wheel base pretty much the same as where I notched the frame in was about as far as you could go with out getting into the steering box. With the setup you are going with this may pose...
Back