Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

idle RPM

I went out 4wding the other week, went through abit of mud and got my explorer airborne. Now it is running very low at idle, about 500 and down to 400 sometimes. looks like ill be checking all these things this weekend
  2. E

Steering Shaft Knuckle boot

I have recently done the 2" body lift on my 2000 explorer. I didnt install the steering shaft extension because i had read that you didnt really need it. I got back from 4wding this week and noticed that this rubber boot that goes around what looks to be the steering shaft knuckle has a large...
  3. E

Warrior Shackles- international buyers?!

Illegal!!! Bloody govt! I believe we are living in a bloody dictatorship!!! But we are not dictated to by a single person, but by beaurocratS!!! Anyway, kiss that idea goodbye. Thanks mate for letting me know. You reckon i should let my insurance company know about my 2" body lift? I dont...
  4. E

Warrior Shackles- international buyers?!

Ive searched the forums on warrior shackles for a few days now but cant find anyone that will ship them internationally. Im from Sydney, Australia. I want to get some warrior shackles from my 2000 explorer! Can anyone help, and let me know if you know anyone that exports them internationally...
  5. E

Found SPARE KEY under carpet on driver side!!!

Yeh ive had the explorer since new. Its just really strange how it was just sitting there. I thought it might have been misplaced, but its not every day you lift up the carpet and find another key to your car :confused:
  6. E

Found SPARE KEY under carpet on driver side!!!

Today i installed my 2"body lift on my 2000 Ford Explorer XLT (RHD). But this isnt about that! While doing the install, i had the carpet up underneith the drivers seat. As i lifted the carpet, i saw 1 brand new key, on keyring with label attached with some code :eek: Now this doesnt sound...
  7. E

2" Body Lift Installation on 99 Ex.

Ok, its 1030.. and ive been working on it since 7am. Ive only removed front and rear bumper bars and rear tow bar :( Im looking now for the stuff to disconnect, but cant find the three brake lines talked about on the passenger side shock tower :wacko: Any help would be great :D If anyone can...
  8. E

Farrari as jackstand?

Wouldnt mind getting that ferari from the wrecker, and converting it into some kinda 4wd machine :confused: Imagine 36"s, 3-4 body lift, 6" suspension lift... all the power to get u there :D oh my... im dreaming about converting this into a 4wd... nasty@! :)
  9. E

Ford Explorer vs. Ford Courier...

Yep, he was on the wrong side... it is a blind u-turn corner going up a mountain... if he didnt hit us he might have gone through the guard rail and down the drop... :roll: The driver and his mate were out on a fishing charter all day. The cops breath tested the driver and he had consumed...
  10. E

Rattling Explorer

hey, ive have the same problem on my 2001 explorer. Took it to ford and said it was nothing... people have told me its the timing chains, but i think its got something to do with the interior fan system behind the dash. my noises is like a fan rattling on plastic as the blades rub on the casing...
  11. E

YEP!!! :rolleyes: they got replaced 12 months after :confused: but good side is that they had 15,000 km of use and then we got new tyres replaced for free... these firestones wont even affected by the recall! And the overhead console i bought from the department of the interior. i think...
  12. E

Yeh... the auto gear shifter is in the centre... :) Might be strange to you, but almost every single auto car here has a floor auto. and the headlights have a different setup, but i havent got a photo of that...
  13. E

They do still have the courier here... and they are still running the same mazda here... very similar. ever seen inside a right hand drive explorer... check it out plus my customer over head console and radio mounting... right here :D :D :D :hammer:
  14. E

yep! if we were in anything else im sure someone would be seriously injured... makes me feel safe when i drive it ;)
  15. E

Ive hyperlink this to my other online gallery. About 5 years ago this happened. Noone was hurt, apart from the passenger in the courier ute. :thumbdwn: seatbelt failed and he hit the windscreen. :( Click here to view gallery Oh by the way, the explorer is one the right side of the road...
  16. E

4WD High & Low Blinking

i was doing some modifications to my roof and ended up blowing the fuse to the interior lights. i didnt know i had blown the fuse and was driving and had the 4wd high and low blink. i didnt have a clue. what i dicovered is that the interior lights and the 4wd system are on the same fuse...
  17. E

Chime location

seeing noone else has commented on this ill say something stupid.. id maybe try it if i was in your positon. Seeing its apart. turn ur lights and and get that chime noise happening.. then go looking and puilling things apart untill you find it, just keep digging towards the sound... just beware...
  18. E

The FAQ of the SOHC Timing Nightmare.

recall?! my 2001 explorer has got the sounds of marbles in the engine and its got only 2 months left on warranty. took it to ford and he said dont worry about it, its normal!!! what i cant understand with the timing chains is that this car has been sitting in my garage for 5 years and only...
  19. E

Snorkel On!!

ok, this is a copy of the email i received so lets start emailing.. ""Hi Edward, Although it sounds like an easy task to produce, it is actually quite a lengthy and costly procedure to have a snorkel produced. In order for us to go ahead with a new model, would mean that we would have to have...
  20. E

2001 Xlt ?

looks like your stock explorer. thats how they came here in australia, the xlt's anyway. but they were not greay at the bottom, they were bronze and chromed.
  21. E

Snorkel On!!

i have emailed them and i got a reply today. it was from a guy here, i havent got the email here to post, its at work and i can post it later, but he said that he needed to be able to know that they could sell at least 1000 units before they consider developing one for the explorer. for we need...
  22. E

annoying noise comeing from engine

is it possible to have the timing chain problem on a 2000 explorer with less than 25,000 miles on it. its been garaged and never gets used but theres a rattle, like a fan rattle but it only happens at a certain speed. could i have the same problem to? seeing the motor is still like just been worn in
  23. E

Snorkel On!!

im from australia and im having so many problems finding parts to modify my explorer. i have found a bull bar that can take a winch (dead link) model is the type 51 bar). it has the winching mounts but the company has told me that the explorer isnt strong enough to mount a winch up front!@...
  24. E

Snorkel On!!

so any response from arb? im thinking about doing the same conversion as you, bit of a long job tho
Back