Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

1999 Mountaineer 5.0 AWD Build Thread

Following, after a several year hiatus and picking up an 01 EB 5.0 with 100k miles.
  2. 9

'97 V8 D60/70HD swap.....finally

28 foot
  3. 9

'97 V8 D60/70HD swap.....finally

Last Summer, around august i swapped the crushed body, and then my friend and i did a coil over conversion and brought the height down some. Front suspension almost completely unloaded. Had an issue with the transmission pump not picking up the fluid in the pan since i was so vertical..all...
  4. 9

Something w/ rabbits. 72.5 pages of BS

why is this not done yet?
  5. 9

Help please - my 98 5.0 Explorer started overheating, mechanic says cracked block?

Check the oil to see if its slightly milky.
  6. 9

hello friend

hello friend
  7. 9

Coolant in Trans Fluid!

need a new rad
  8. 9

MyNameIsAric's 98 FULL width SAS

finally now we can go wheelin'..after i fix my engine. it won't run worth a damn :(
  9. 9

i'll get you some tomorrow...just lowered the new body on the chassis and i am beat.
  10. 9

you are making the same mistake i did with my upper control arm mount on the axle side. I did the same setup at first, and then welded in gussets and what not.....first run going down hill i managed to bend the plate a good 3 inches. After cutting that stuff off, the only way i thought was going...
  11. 9

SAS Gear Grinding

becuase we like frames......
  12. 9

Ironman, Adrenaline, Sport BLACK headlights installed.

very nice, now you just need to dechrome the rest of the truck for that perfect look.
  13. 9

Mutineer's SAS thread

when you get really off camber the body lift rears its ugly head with the increased cog. Mine was designed around the body lift as well, but i did make some what if modifications to steering and mounts.
  14. 9

yup, thats the one...they have gone up in price though, but is still the cheapest.
  15. 9

you should be ok if there was residual oil in there. By the way, grab your self a jegs proportioning valve so you can adjust brake bias. With out the abs being your valve, most of the power goes to the rear and gets scary fast. Spongy brakes solution is to bleed them again until all the air is...
  16. 9

Something w/ rabbits. 72.5 pages of BS

ahhh its the asian invasion!!1!!!one one
  17. 9

Brand New 31" Tires for me!

that only applies to semi's and commercial buses.
  18. 9

New rollover posse member announcement

thats such a shame for a good looking mounty to go out like that.
  19. 9

Swapping Bodies

well lets blow the dust off this. I ended up finding a 97 mountaineer that blew its rear end for 300 bucks. Bought it and will be doing the swap early august. I'm excited about this becuase i want to drive the mounty on the street again and go wheeling. There will be a few changes though...
  20. 9

Mutineer's SAS thread

when i swap my b ody i will be doing that, i highly advise it
  21. 9

Mutineer's SAS thread

two mountaineers now...sweet
  22. 9

F%^&ing Fuming

does britian have the tree huggers there as well?
  23. 9

Someone build something already !!!

no, on top of the dash where the windshield would be.
  24. 9

Someone build something already !!!

i'm building an 8 point cage in the mounty next weekend.
  25. 9

410Fortune - 96 5.0L XLT refurbish (making 1 great Ex from 2)

when you find the baby crawling funny after a paint session just tell the gf/wife (are you married yet? and a baby!!! WOW i have been gone for too long, congrats) he'll Crawl it off.
Back