Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Line-In?

If you radio has an AUX button on it you should be able to get a part that plugs into the back radio so you can put your own in. Company that makes the part is PIE. The digital port sounds much better than using a modulator and is worth the $20.
  2. B

Sohc timing help

It's hard to think this is the question that stumps everyone. I do have a few questions regarding the timing process that may help me figure out where I went wrong. Where should the nub on the right camshaft for the position sensor be when seting timing at TDC? Should both slots look the...
  3. B

Sohc timing help

I could use a little help trying to figure out what I did wrong. I just replaced head gaskets and all the timing parts on a 97 sohc. The truck starts, runs sounds like crap at idle and wants to stall. About .007 came off each head but don't think that is an issue. I did use the Sohc tool...
  4. B

Who's in NJ? Where?

Upper Montclair, NJ
  5. B

97 Explorer SOHC Auto Questions

Looks solid to me.
  6. B

Quick d-35 question

Thanks
  7. B

Quick d-35 question

I guess I am the first to regear a dana 35 on the site.
  8. B

Quick d-35 question

I started my rebuild d-35 with d-44 outers a while ago and am ready to begin reassembling but I have 4 oil different seals in my kit and only remember removing 3. One for the rear of the pinion, one for the right axle shaft, one for the left axle shaft, but I still have one more that came with...
  9. B

How to: Dana 44 TTB outers on a Dana 35 TTB

BufX How dose the brake pedal feel?
  10. B

You are better of buying a new sharp reamer. I think mine came from goodson.com very inexpensive. I used the same reamer to enlarge the lower ball joint hole and reverse the taper in the knuckle. I used a tra adapter bushing from BC broncos in the new taper. This allowed me to use the stock...
  11. B

I bought a reamer $75 and two bushings from BC Broncs reversed the taper and inserted sleeve. This allowed me to use the stock explorer steering setup. Also used F150 balljoints and camber adjusters. Once I finish setting up new gears will see how alignment works out.
  12. B

I have a my machine shop work using F150 ball joints and regular axle arms, but need to set up my new gears before I put it in. Kris what are you doing to the 8.8 to match front pattern?
  13. B

D44 outers on a D35. I found a better way.

I am almost finished with mine. I used a tapered reamer to enlarge the d35 taper. D44 ball joints fit perfect without removing to much metal. With the same reamer I reversed the taper for the tierods. Still waiting for a sleeve that I think will finish up the required mods. My cost for...
  14. B

cpuld you give me a quick rundown on what you did to reverse the taper for the tie rods? thanks
  15. B

My parts are coming in the mail + I have my new 4.56 already!!!!!!!
  16. B

Help 4.56 gears

I think the one you sent may have a small crack but I haven't finished taking it apart yet so I'm not sure if I can use the case. The insides look brand new so I will be using them. I still can't believe you shipped the whole diff. I am going to machine the IFS arms to use DANA 44 balljoints...
  17. B

Help 4.56 gears

Was absolutly Accu autos fault. It is just not right to hold up an order for that long. They had no problem charging my credit card right away. If they could not deliver they should have told me before. After a little more looking I got a set from Performancedepot.com for $232 shipped within...
  18. B

Help 4.56 gears

Just tried Randys they said they would call when they get them. Also tried everyone else on the list.
  19. B

Help 4.56 gears

I am really pissed off at Accu Auto had me waiting for my 4.56 gears for two months and just sent me an e-mail saying they had to cancel my order due to a nationwide backorder of the gears. I reordered with another company they e-mailed me the next day telling me the would notify me when they...
  20. B

Kris thanks for info I think I am going for it once I get the parts. I have my dana 35 apart right know regearing so it seems like the perfect time. Looks like I need to collect from the bone yard: Spindles/knuckles outer axle shafts rotors/brakes hubs new explorer ball joints
  21. B

The beams must be bent for alignment with this mod?
  22. B

What Stock Gear Ratio?

Stock from ford 3.55 up front 4.10 Rear, kinda dumb setup.
  23. B

Rocker Rust

Pull out the inside and start cutting and welding. Seems like the perfect project to learn how. I used a $120 gasless mig from Sears and bought the new door legs, and used some scrap sheet metal. A little expandable foam primer and they look great. Its been about 3 years since I first...
  24. B

Suggestions about new wheels?

I've had my Ex with no lift and 31's onstock rims and have traveled well over 65 without a problem.
  25. B

Pulls to the right. Not alignment.

If you think it is the springs switch sides and see if it still pulls. I also read something awhile back that said that when the R/A bushing is compressed over time that it flattens out and there is not enough thread on the arm to compress it properly. A fix was to add a second washer to the...
Back