Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

New Ford Ranger Wheels 97 Sport

Looks awesome man. Definitely adds a lot more truck to it. Take care.
  2. M

turbo 302? anyone done it?

Explorer Express sells a bolt on one for your explorer.
  3. M

turbo 302? anyone done it?

They make lots of turbos for your 302. The best are turbonetics turbos. My uncle has an ex with a 600 HP turbonetics 302. If you are offroading with it tho, I would recommend a supercharger.
  4. M

Gas modified by Acetone results

Yes acetone will give you about 2 miles a gallon, and increase ignitebility, and acceleration, but it destroys the lubricating properties of gasoline. For whatever percentage mileage increases, your engine life will decrease. I get 10 miles a gallon, so I go through a lot of gas, but its still...
  5. M

better gas mileage mods?

thanks. I know i will never get anything great, I just want better. I guess you guys are right. If I wanted good mpgs, Id buy a little boring car. Oh well, LONG LIVE 4 WHEEL DRIVE!
  6. M

15-35% mileage increase

I've been looking into this and I have been told that acetonce destroys the lubricating affects of gas/oil thus creating quite a bit of premature wear to the engine. I had a buddy who ran it in his four stroke motorcycle, very small quantities, about 2 ounces per gallon, and he locked up his...
  7. M

better gas mileage mods?

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone knows of any good gas mods for the ford 4 liter. I know they say k and n intake helps and exhaust, but no evidence? Anyone have experience with what works and what doesn't? Examples: exhaust, intake, cooling, throttle body spacer, gears, etc... thanks.
  8. M

mpg

I have a 02' ford ranger 4.0 4x4 and I get 11 miles a gallon. I have known 6 people with 4x4 ford 4.0s and they all, like myself get between 9 and 14 mpg. I think the engines are just natural gas guzzlers. At least gas prices are so low. HA, yea right!!!
  9. M

Hey Guys

welcome to the site, i just joined myself. My first vehicle was an 89 ranger with no speedometer, odometer gas gauge, backseat, or good looks. It was fun for a first car though, im sure your explorer will be too.
  10. M

Just joined

Thanks. Ranger is all stock so far, but as soon as I sell my old 96 ranger, all that money is goin into the new one. I do have an air intake on the way. I plan to lift it. works pretty good offroad though. Had it up to the door handles in mud on sunday night. Lot of fun. I got told about this...
  11. M

Just joined

Hey, I just joined this forum. A+ pretty good. Anyway, I actually have a ford ranger not explorer. I hope no one cares since they are pretty much one of the same. Anyway, I am in the chicago area, like 4 wheelin with it, and just got it las week. Anyway, anyone in the area contact me sometime...
Back