Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Sound from rear wheels

If you have rear ac it might be the actuator for the temp blend door. Is it very rythmic? does it stop when you move the temp selector off of the extreme (hot or cold- assuming cold as it is summer). If so let me know I can post a diary of how I fixed mine with pictures and documentation.
  2. H

Rear AC/Heat works on every speed but low (1)

The resistor is housed near the blower motor. In my 02 that is under the trim on the drivers side rear area near the tailgate. Pry (carefully) the plastic grill/cover out of the trim. You should have easy access to blower and resistor.
  3. H

Frustrated Explorer

Try this You are going to kick yourself if this works, I know I did. Mine felt like it was dying and restarting the gages went wild, I checked all kind of stuff.... the solution, The battery positive cable has two leads one to the starter the other to an underhood electrical...
  4. H

Help with Codes P0401 and P1401

That was it Replaced the sensor last night took 5 maybe 10 minutes. Reset codes and no CEL today! Here is a picture of the replaced module. Hope this will help someone else. Ya'll saved me $160, thanks. Sorry I cannot post the pic here I will try in photo gallery...
  5. H

Time to give back Thanks, for the replys. I checked with two dealer and both told me the warr was extended to 60k mile ( I have 70K). Rather then chase around I bought the part (# 4U7Z-9J460-AA) at the dealer for $32US. I had seen it on the net for $22.50 but was not sure I had the correct...
  6. H

My 2002 XLT 4.0L has the "Service Engine Soon" light illuminated. I am not having any noticeable performance issues. Upon searching the forums and following the advice given I went to AutoZone where they hooked up and gave me the OBDII (Alpha) P Code of P0401 and P1401. 401 say the PCM...
  7. H

PCV change?

How aboutlocation on an 02?
Back