Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

WELCOME Bronco Fans!!!

A forum for the Bronco II. The Explorers cousin WTF You need to change that. The B2 was the father of the explorer not cousin.
  2. J

Heavy duty diff covers

Ya a 20 ton hyd press with home made dies. This AMC cover took a fiew formed pieces but no big deal. I had a buddy of mine lay down the beads. They turned out awsome so no need to grind them down. Alot of extra work for no gain. Bling takes back seat to function. The decal is the only...
  3. J

Heavy duty diff covers

Here is an AMC20 cover I made for a buddy of mine. Will be doing a fiew more eventually with different axles.
  4. J

Heavy duty diff covers

Here is a how to to make them. http://www.offroadfabnet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291
  5. J

Extending Radius Arms for Tire Clearance

If you add a few spacers (Washers) infront of the bushings you should be able to push the axle forward some. You will have to watch that the passengerside brackets pivot bolt doesn't interfere with the axle shaft. I'm guessing 1/2" is max you can do so before it becomes a problem.
  6. J

8.8 Diff Covers

Haha that's funny!!!
  7. J

lift identification question

Stock height coils will measure around 10.5".
  8. J

manual hub question?????

Yes get the conversion kit. You'll need the new nuts as the new manual hub will not clear the auto's cam mechanism.
  9. J

Coil spring hieght?

E-250 coils will give you around 4", but you will need drop brackets. F-150 coils will give you around 2.5" alignment may be sketchy.
  10. J

Superlift Frame Crossmember

OH BTW that bracket is there for the swaybar mount as that is where the X-member used to be and the bushings are attatched to that mount. As for strength???? It's got nothing. If it really made that big of a difference then why hasn't Skyjacker or better yet James Duff supplied a bracket...
  11. J

Then you've had some front end damage haven't you? Right infront of that hat channel you have infront of your hooks SURE looks like it is welded, or is that painted Bubble gum? :eek: Just pointing out what I see. Looks like your core support mount is welded to the frame also. Bad...
  12. J

Right from this page. http://www.explorer4x4.com/meisner.html Looks like it's more of a nucence than anything else.
  13. J

I guess you guys don't look too hard? The earlier Rangers were equiped with a rear mounted bar. But for a very short time. Explorers never had this rear mounted set up as it was a D28 item only. Here is a picture of the X-member. I think it's kinda pointless if you ask me. With side plates...
  14. J

Custom Fabbed Radius Arms?

I've since gone back to bushings. Heim joints are over rated. Even at 15" extended arms the bushing diflection is around 10 degrees each way. 20 dgrees for the bushing is cake.
  15. J

Custom Fabbed Radius Arms?

like these? You can see more on page 3 of my Cardomain. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228908/3
  16. J

Infragate finally Elite

How new are the 33's? Looking for another set. How much would you sell them for? I have a used set of 35's I may part with. Good Job on the steering Dan. We are gonna have to hook up and shoot the **** sometime. BTW 35's sometimes look small too. I'll link it since I don't want to...
  17. J

Rear disks.

Look at it this way. When you put your foot down both primary and secondary move together. If the primary piston closes the resevoir port first it's going to build pressure before and apply more to that cylinder, than the secondary. Now if you were to unscrew it so that the secondary port closes...
  18. J

Rear disks.

Joe hit it right on the nail. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Unfortunatly Creager what you are missing is the fact that sure the rear is smaller but the fluid capacity is also alot less on a drum cyl than the front caliper. Thus requireing less fluid to be displaced. These things are designed to be...
  19. J

Quick ? about Shock lengths and supension lift

I don't think it's that big of a deal on just a 2" lift. If your a serious offroader and want to get the max out of your lift then going the route 410 described is the way to go. But with stock brackets, coil spacers, stock arms your best to just say "2 inch longer Please" ;)
  20. J

Rear disks.

It's all about fluid displacement. I don't think there is any displacement changes in the front calipers over the years. the master/front/rear are all matched. thus the reason there is no stock PV. That is if Ford did it right.
  21. J

Rear disks.

I got my disks from a 96, when I went to install them on my ranger, I found that the master I got off the 96 was the same part number as the one in my truck. I installed a wildwood PV and have never had a problem with the rear brakes. To be honest it's been 6 years and I am still on the same...
  22. J

Quick ? about Shock lengths and supension lift

Another thing to look at is if your only going up 2 inches look at getting shocks from a 79 Bronco. The front mounted shocks on the Quad set up are 2 inches longer than the Ranger/Explorer stock shocks. My ranger I am running the same shocks front (Quad) and rear. My limit is reached with the...
  23. J

What trucks have manual BW-1354??

The front output on a 1350 is a slip spline. long front nose. The 1354 has a fixed yolk or flange on the front. On the 1354's you should be able to swap out the front flange/yolk to the one you currently have. The rear flange/yolk is the same way.
  24. J

Like I said they can be found in 90. I've seen a couple of 1991 2.9L trucks with a 1354 in them. In 93 it went standard across the boad, right from the 4'bannger, to the now 3.0L and 4.0L. Again they are hard to come by. I got mine from Allan D, and my spare I recently found at the...
  25. J

The manual 1354 was an option. I have seen 2 explorers in the yards with the 2 holes in the tunnel. I grabbed the case out of one of them. Some rangers had them too. With the intro of the 4.0L in late 89, the 1354 took presidence behind them. In 92 ish the 1354 was standard and the 1350 was...
Back