Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Engine sputter and die - need help!

Nah, but that was on my list to look into. How can I go about doing that? It was too cold after work tonight to get out and finally get a good look at it, but tomorrow I don't have to work after school, so I'm going to have a mechanic friend over to help my look at it too. Said his explorer...
  2. T

Wish I could tell you what codes -- I don't have a code reader. I should try and borrow one sometime. But, I just went out and cranked her when I got in from work. Came on instantly, just like normal, idling for about 2 seconds, then died. So, tried again and this time gave her some gas...
  3. T

Hey guys, After digging around under the car and fishing around the fuel system stuff, I wonder if the fuel pressure regulator might be the culprit. Here's a good write up on it: Dead Link Removed Think that might cure it? BTW, I don't think it's the fuel filter, I just changed...
  4. T

TTT once more
  5. T

Hey guys, I've got a problem with my X, a big problem. It's already been described in these threads, especially T-Bone's (the first link): Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed It seems like I just went over a few bumps on a light off-road trail, and boom, "check engine" light comes...
  6. T

95ExplorerLtd's new B&A

lookin good.. but one question: In the pic of your subs, I count three, but you list two MTX 12s.. ? :confused:
  7. T

Safari Bar for 92 and PIAA Lights question

WAAG's site lists it having a "center guard" for 91-94 Xs. I keep looking on the site, but can't find out if a center guard if a safari bar. Here's the list: Dead Link Removed
  8. T

the trademark explorer sound

A ha!
  9. T

Safari Bar for 92 and PIAA Lights question

yeah, if some one does know if that works, PLEASE post! I would kill for a safari bar for my X :D
  10. T

the trademark explorer sound

My X makes this funny noise.. its kinda of like a high-pitched clicking or ticking noise, I'm not sure how to describe it. It makes it at idle, and starts to go away as the rpms increase. It's kind of a funny noise, it doesn't bother me much, it's how my friends recognize my car. They say its...
  11. T

how many db's

aldive .. jason .. Everyone's got his or her own opinion, Dead Link Removed :mattmoon: ;)
  12. T

Shooting Flames from Exaust Pipes

I saw a Supra w/ that once. It could shoot flames maybe 15 feet behind it! Talk about an attention grabber.. that'll get people talking
  13. T

Raced an Xplorer V8 in my V6....

lol, that was pretty funny, even if they do say different strokes for different folks
  14. T

Raced an Xplorer V8 in my V6....

vroom .. vroom .. not My explorer just doesn't want to make me go fast. Sorry, it's no Troll hunter, I guess.
  15. T

Broken Armrest

yup.. mine broke too. parts guy at a local ford dealership said it'd cost $36 for a new part. You guys think this is right, or does he have the wrong part? I offered to show it to him, but he said he thought he knew what I was talking about
  16. T

Installing Speakers

^^^ that's what I did for my pioneer's. worked fine, and wasn't much of a hassle.
  17. T

re:

well, i don't know where this is supposed to go, but... FREE POST! :D
  18. T

1999 Explorer ---Saleen XP8

times those bad could only be contributed to er, rain or snow perhaps when it comes to weather conditions? or the driver.. As for those times, yup, those are stock times. Even down to the air filter. Friend's dad has an S2000, bone stock, and can pull those times.. talk about a fun car...
  19. T

Well, both sides of the argument can be.. er, argued. As in, "there is no replacement for displacement," and "the replacement for displacement is technology." Both are true. Ex., 1975 Corvette with an L48 engine (350 cubes) made 165hp@3800rpm and 255tq@2400 rpm. My explorer with the OHV...
  20. T

erg.. er, where are you getting your numbers?? :eek: the numbers I've heard for the s2000 are: 0-60 in 5.5-8 seconds, and quarter mile in the 14s. Those are the real numbers that I've seen at local tracks. motor trend pushed a 99' stang gt, convertable even: 0-60 in 5.4 and 1/4 of...
  21. T

Can you gas up while leaving your engine running?

Well, I've never done it, and don't really plan on it. I've been told that gas stations always have those "please turn off car" signs because the car's electrical system uses the metal body of your car as a ground, and that's why sometimes you'll get a static discharge when getting out of the...
  22. T

Good Sterio

I've got a pioneer headunit (the deh-p4300). it's got tons of features, outputs, controls, etc, etc. I could go on an on about all it does. By far, an excellent value for $200. Even comes with a cool remote. That may be overkill for you though, as I got this headunit to head up (pardon...
  23. T

How Do I Do This?

just wondering, what pioneer deck did ya get?
  24. T

Speaker choices

i've ordered from crutchfield, although its kinda pricey. But despite its high prices, I'd almost say its worth it for the quality of service you get. Their site is very easy to navigate, they're very knowledgable, they're quick, and just friendly to boot. Whenever I can spare the extra...
  25. T

Sound Insulation

Alright.. I've been to wal-mart and numerous hardware stores, and nothing. couldn't find the stuff. where in wal-mart did you find it?
Back