Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

A/C shuts of when wipers are on

What is the GEM? Man this sucks.
  2. I

A/C shuts of when wipers are on

Aloha, Okay I think I almost got it with my A/C. I cleaned the sensor, I replaced the A/C controller next to the blower motor. I know my blend door needs to be fixed but that is a different story. My problem is my A/C (regardless of the setting) will shut off when my wipers are on...
  3. I

O2 question (again)

Okay I need help with my 97 EB (5.0). I have a trouble code PO153 and it is showing O2 sensor, Bank 2, Sensor 1. Okay I looked through some of the other postings and I'm more confused than ever on which side is bank 2. Everyone agrees that sensor 1 is pre cat, but there are several ideas on...
  4. I

Driver Door Numeric Keypad Code

I just did mine last week...took about 20 minutes to find and move the box. I removed one of the bolts to the security box so I could move it into a better position. If it is anything like the 97...it was a 5 digit code in bold numbers. I heard someone saying theirs were 4 numbers. May be...
  5. I

A/C problems

Okay I don't have the resistor in my truck...not at least I can see. I did find that I have one of those A/C controllers (same loacation as the resistor in other posts)...costs about 150 bucks from the Ford stealership. One of the good things is that I found an easier way to get to the...
  6. I

Spark Plugs

Oh yes that flap is great!!! I just did the wires and plugs on my 5.0. You think the 6 is a pain, try the 8. Just can't get the right leverage. Oh well that is what band aid and iodine is for right! Ish
  7. I

A/C problems

Wow that is messed up!!! The good thing is that it did not cost you too much. Did the Ford dealer had it in stock or did you have to wait? I would hate to tear my A/C apart then wait for the resistor. I guess I'm calling my dealer tomorrow to see what they got. Thanks for the...
  8. I

A/C problems

Did you find any ideas on the problem? I heard that it could be some realy or resitor in the engine compartment. I jsut have no idea which one. Let me know if you find anything. Thanks
  9. I

Aloha

Mahalo for the welcome feelings. Yes I noticed that this site can become addicting. Just another vice I guess?!?
  10. I

A/C problems

I noticed several people having prolems with their A/C. My A/C is one of the ones that blows only on high and 60 degrees. I also noticed a ticking sound near the floorboard when I first start my car. Also does anyone's A/C turn off when the wipers are on intermittent? Any suggestions? Thanks.
  11. I

Aloha

Just wanted to say Aloha from Hawaii and introduce myself to the group. I'm happy to have found this forum...lot of great inormation on Explorers.
Back