Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. yob_yeknom

2006 6r60 trans fluid change.....anyone?

I have dropped the pan and changed the filter and added as much fluid as I could in mine. It took care of my shuddering issue. Get a piece of brake line tubing and bend one end over to make a hook for pumping the fluid through. Using it to put the fluid back in next to the hot exhaust will be...
  2. yob_yeknom

What is this?

It will clip onto the mirror mount on the windshield. If I remember correctly, it has a tab of some sort on one end that you put in place then just push hard enough on the other end and it will snap into place. Mine was loose and it didn't seem like it would snap on, but I kept messing with it...
  3. yob_yeknom

My jolting/jerkin issue with video

Filter/Fluid Change I finally was able to change the filter and about 8 quarts of the fluid. The vibration went away completely and shifts are much smoother. It did not fix the RPM surge, just made them less noticeable and occur at a slightly lower speed.
  4. yob_yeknom

EATC Auto Never Chooses Dash Vents

I've noticed that when set to auto, air only blows from the defrost or floor vents. It starts off on defrost until the engine warms up, then changes to floor only. No matter how long I drive, it stays on the floor vents. I end up with cold hands and have to manually change to the dash...
  5. yob_yeknom

My jolting/jerkin issue with video

Same Issue Seemed like a very slight, intermittent misfire for a while. It would randomly have a repetitive increase/decrease in RPM at about the same engine speed as in your video. I had intermittent issues with two coils when it started, so I just assumed I had another coil or two slowly...
  6. yob_yeknom

Transmission installation problem on a 1998 Ford Explorer.

This might be worth a quick read if the center shaft is suspect. http://www.sonnax.com/publications/converter/titles/4r5r55e-engine-stall-on-engagement-after-rebuild
  7. yob_yeknom

Slips in drive and reverse but not 1 or 2

subscribing I also have a similar problem (I've been posting about it here) so I'd like to follow this thread also.
  8. yob_yeknom

2000 4.0L SOHC Explorer. 5R55E transmission issue.

That's what I had hoped, but they're not in the filter. So either they came apart in small pieces that were shredded into dust as they passed through the transmission, or they came off in pieces large enough to get stuck somewhere inside the transmission and possibly clog something up. That's...
  9. yob_yeknom

missing sections of gasket I did not have any luck finding the missing pieces of the gasket. The gasket on the other side was completely intact and the EPC screen was not clogged at all.
  10. yob_yeknom

the moving part EDIT: You posted while I was uploading the picture. Good to know that it's okay if it moves.
  11. yob_yeknom

I'll cut up the filter and check inside it for gasket material. I didn't see any in the valve body, but I was in a rush to leave and didn't get to check all that well. (I'm working on this at my parents' house and my wife was picking me up on her way home from work.) The set screws are...
  12. yob_yeknom

I removed the valve body. The bolts closest to the solenoids did take less effort to remove than the rest, so they must have been slightly loose. Near the loose bolts there were two (one large and one small) missing sections of the gasket on the side of the seperator plate facing the...
  13. yob_yeknom

The Explorer has well over 200k miles and has engine issues also (intermittant lean condition). I only paid $4000 for the truck over 5 years ago, so even if I junk it I feel I got my money out of it. I can rebuild the valve body, but I don't know if I have the space, tools, or know how to...
  14. yob_yeknom

Nope. Both my '97 and '01 have dipsticks and the 5R55E. I have a similar problem to yours. Reverse started slipping but worked fine in drive. Then it started to slip in drive. I don't have a flashing light, so no codes. I parked it for a couple of months and I pulled it into the garage...
  15. yob_yeknom

anyone got pic of 3" BL with 31's?

You're going to have to go through all the same work to lift 2" as you would 3". You can always just get a little bit taller tire if you don't like the look of the 3" lift, but if you don't like the 2" you have to go through all that work again to go up to 3".
  16. yob_yeknom

body lift help..

It's been awhile since I did a body lift, but I do remember if you reuse some of the factory bolts and put the bolts that came with the body lift in different places than the instructions say you'll only end up needing 2 more bolts. You'll have to buy 2 longer bolts to go under the front seats...
  17. yob_yeknom

keypad light pictures

Thanks! :thumbsup: I thought I remember the backside of the keypad looking a little different on my '97 than the '01, now I know I wasn't crazy. :) Obviously there's no way to change those lights either. Well, at least now we finally have a definitive answer on the forum.
  18. yob_yeknom

keypad light pictures

Here is the reason why I didn't pull the keypad apart on my '97. It has the buttons all side by side on one strip. The lights died in it, so if someone wants to take theirs apart to comfirm the lights can't be changed in it either like I assume, I'd appreciate it. It only take 15 minutes to...
  19. yob_yeknom

keypad light pictures

Here are some pictures of the keypad from my '01 Explorer. Definitely no way to change the lights. Pic 1- It's the keypad with the 5 seperate buttons, not the one with all 5 buttons on a strip. Pic 2- The backside of the buttons. Since they are all one piece of rubber, I imagine...
  20. yob_yeknom

The one that got away

I fixed the title for you.
  21. yob_yeknom

Nevada Off-roaders Drive To Save Butterflies

Sand Mountain Blue - Euphilotes pallescens arenamontana more pictures
  22. yob_yeknom

new Blackjack pics

I would spread them farther apart, but not make them any wider. Wide stripes look like they belong on a Dodge in my opinion.
  23. yob_yeknom

Timing chain Tensioner, inlet manifold joints. Mod.

I'm assuming you mean your serpentine belt tensioner. (You can't see the timing chain tensioner, it's not on the outside of the motor.) The whole pulley and arm assembly should move up and down some as it keeps the correct amount of tension on the belt. The pulley itself should not be...
  24. yob_yeknom

Remote Transmission Filter...on a manual???

Mercon V is a specification. Fluid manufacturers usually meet the specification by making the fluid out of a synthetic blend, but there are also plenty of fully synthetic options available for little more money.
  25. yob_yeknom

Serious Explorations 10th Anniversary Run

I voted Moab because I could fly there and join in for the ride along program. If it ends up in Indiana, I might could make it and just bring my own truck.
Back