Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

2006 Eddie Bauer - Rear Tail Light and Fender Flare

Thanks! Checked Ebay last week, only had the passenger side. Junk Yards, I called a few. Nothing. I think you may be right. I was hoping someone on here, may have had a connection or parted out an explorer or something like that. THX!!!
  2. N

2006 Eddie Bauer - Rear Tail Light and Fender Flare

Hi, Hoping someone can sell me this or can lead me to a link on where I can buy it, because I can't find it anywhere. I have 2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer with the gold trim fender flares. I am looking for the driver side Rear set (2 pieces)of fender flares to replace the ones I have...
  3. N

Fuel Economy

Hey, Try resetting the gauges on the "info" center. My wife did it after filling up yesterday, and what was originally reading 12.6 MPG is now reading 15.8. I only have 1600 miles on mine, but looking to do more accurate reads after the 3K mark. BTW: Any idea of How much for a K&N...
  4. N

2003 Vw Gti Mint 4 Sale

Hi, In addition to my 06 Xplr, I also lease a 2003 VW GTI. I would like to have someone buy it out from my leasing company as I need to get an Automatic car. I am open to trades. Here are the details of the car: 03 Reflex Silver VW GTI 1.8T Turbo 5SPD Black Interior 24K Miles...
  5. N

Fuel Economy

Thought so on the Tornado. Will leave it alone. As for E85 - oh well, wishful thinking. Good thing it's not in my area, or I would be pissed at the dealer. Dan
  6. N

Fuel Economy

Hey, Just got the EB V6 2006 and the computer says 13.5 MPG, which is kind of annoying since the sticker says 15/20 and we have done some highway. Think it will improve with mileage over 3K? THe book says it will. Ever here about the "tornado?" What do you think? Dan
  7. N

06 EB Explorer

Just got the 06 V6 EB with a fantastic leasing deal. So far so good. My wife and I love it. Can't beat the drive. Gas could be better, but if you're worried about that, go buy a Prius. :) Dan
  8. N

06 EB Explorer - I am back

Hey, Just wanted to say hello, and thank everyone for all their help a few years back when I had my 94 explorer XLT. My wife convinced me to get an 06 EB in White, and so far, I am very happy with the decision. At the dealer they told me E85 is a go in an 06, is this not the case...
  9. N

1997 Jeep grand cherokee

I had a wrangler 92K no oil leak/over heat. hmmmm anything else I should be concerned with? hopefully I can sell the 94 ex before I buy
  10. N

1997 Jeep grand cherokee

this is great info. guys... it seems like you all feel pretty good about buying a Jeep. Why the oil leak though? Not a mass amount? where was it coming from?
  11. N

1997 Jeep grand cherokee

so what I think you are saying, is that you agree that the grand cherokee handles better than the 94 EX...yeah I was thinking $8-9k was more of a fair deal. I miss my wrangler to be honest with you. I loved those trux. to bad they are way over priced
  12. N

1997 Jeep grand cherokee

cant possibly handle more poorly than a 94 X
  13. N

1997 Jeep grand cherokee

AWESOME STUFF FELLAS. Its a 6cyl, 4x4, silver, no leather, new tires and breaks, automatic. Pricing just around $10K i am working on lowering the 4$$ is this fair? cheers
  14. N

1997 Jeep grand cherokee

THANKS ALL!!!! KEEP EM COMING
  15. N

1997 Jeep grand cherokee

hey, I am looking at a 97 jeep with 30K on it in mint condition any of you folks hear any poor news about this truck? Any good news? Who owns one? Give me some details please.. dan
  16. N

A4LD No upshift from 1st = No Second Gear!

let us know what they come up with
  17. N

A4LD No upshift from 1st = No Second Gear!

i am having the same issue. I just want someone to buy this thing, I think
  18. N

Auto Transmission Shifting

teste drove the 2K2 Laurie you are right on that car is hott
  19. N

I tried adjusting my kickdown cable, push the grey button down and pull out the sleeve all the way and then step on the pedal all the way down.. It did absolutely nothing. Maybe I did wrong and should try again? I am hating my explorer right now...I am actually going to Nissan tonight...
  20. N

Vacuum Diaphragm/Vacuum Modulator Valve

no I have not confirmed that as a tranny shop installed my new modulator for me. I hear cleaning the speed gov is an option and so is the 2nd gear servo for 6bucks. I cant find the servo and in the chilton book it does not show how to change it. I asked to see it on here but its not around...
  21. N

Vacuum Diaphragm/Vacuum Modulator Valve

I had my changed at mechanics, Parts, new filter, gasket, new tranny fluid. $90 It was to hard for me to get to without a lift. By the way...it did absolutely nothing to fix the shifting problem. I am still seeking other options other than a rebuild as there is not a piece of metal...
  22. N

very nice tip... thanks . KICKDOWN CABLE...Thats sort of what mine is doing. I willing to tryanything but rebuild at this point. When I get 5 min to breath I will look into thanks!!!
  23. N

From what people have been saying about our symptoms is a speed governor. this scummy guy who wanted to rebuild my tranny said no way tot he speed gov, but then again he wanted $400 just to look at the tranny to diagose the problem...he is smoking some good sh*t if you know what I mean...
  24. N

Hey, Whats the singleton site? Is that the glue thing? How much should it cost to clean/replace the governor? Thanks!! Dan
  25. N

I am going through the same issue, exactly. How many miles on yours? I had my modulator change to and that did sqwat. I hear the speed governor can use a cleaning but have not tried that yet. Let me know if you do that or whatever you do. THXX
Back