Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

CPS sensor or what?

After the last time it didn’t start, I mucked around with it and got it running, It run fine for 3 weeks. The other day I drove it, tuned it off came back a few hours latter and no start. Gave the Cam Position sensor and wiring a jiggle and same with the Crank Position sensor jumped back in...
  2. A

97 SOHC No start Problem

Lent the X out wile I was away, When I got back I herd that it wouldn’t start, so I went over and had a look at it, was told they had a retired mechanic next door looked at it spent about 2 hrs on it and he couldn’t get it started, Came to the conclusion that it was a sensor or a relay type...
  3. A

Fault code and valve body??

Hi guys, am asking a question for a fellow Explorer owner. flashing auto light after 10 minutes of driving. a PO741 fault. Has bee suggested ,at the least,a new valve body unit and a reckon torque converter. But the Auto is preforming Fine.:confused: any help would be grate Cheers
  4. A

Cruse control.

yes, This switch was changed on mine under a recall, I looked at it cleaned the contacts and that's about it, didn't know how to see if it was working or not, Then i just left it as the explorer is not my daily driver.
  5. A

Cruse control.

Nothing mate LOL, it' still not working, on the List of Stuff i still need to do. I got side tracked with a few other things over the year and fixing the cruse control on the X got put low down on the priority list. If ya find out what it is let us know. Sorry i couldn't help ya.
  6. A

Aussie Lockers?

Yes, on 4WD Monthly Oh. Steelo, LOL Should have clicked sooner. I also Rome around on hear once in a wile.
  7. A

Aussie Lockers?

Na, got a Green one.
  8. A

Aussie Lockers?

Mate I understand the Aussie Locker is the same as the Lokka as sold by 4WDsystems in SA, it just re-named the Aussie locker in the states. One I have been looking at getting for a wile is the Detroit E-Z for $U.S309 from Summit racing, I am just lazy in regards to dropping the front Diff to...
  9. A

Brown wire Mod???

Brown wire Mod?? Ok. I know it has been done 1000 times LOL But I just got this question When I changed over my shift motor on the T/Case a wile ago, I cut the brown wire between the T/ case and the shift motor wiring harness so i could pull it out, up until now I have just had a spade...
  10. A

Belt Tentioner

Thanks guys, been away for a week so, didn't get a chance to look at the thread sooner. Jah81592> I will see what I can get one for down hear first, If it's too much I will send you a PM. Thanks mate.
  11. A

Belt Tentioner

Hi all. Just after a bit of info. The serpentine belt on my 4.0 SOHC V6 almost ran of the tentioner pulley the other day, just happen to see the belt half off the pulley when I was checking under the Bonnet. Upon moving the belt fully back onto the pulley, I noted the Outer assembly...
  12. A

I made my own Sea Foam

It was Nulon total fuel system cleaner. pored in/ let it suck 3/4 of the bottle slowly over say 3-5 minuets then tuned it off for 5 and fired it back up and then watch it smoke like buggery. I had it idling/ was reeving it in the driveway for like 5 minuets and it was pumping out smoke like...
  13. A

Keyless entry

Hi guys, was speaking to a explorer owner down hear and he is having problems getting a new Key less entry remote programmed, 2 Ford dealers have tryed and failed and one told him he need to get a aftermarket unit. His original remote can be programmed no worries it has a serial number...
  14. A

I made my own Sea Foam

This stuff seems to get rave revues on hear, and I thought i will to give it a shot. looked all over for it down hear and couldn't find it any where. Ended up buying a bottle of Fuel system cleaner figuring it all a hydrocarbon product anyway and gave that a shot. Sucked it in throe the...
  15. A

torsion bars

Thanks mate. yeah i went and got the rig and had a look, It makes sense now, the longer bar is situated under the driver's side.
  16. A

torsion bars

My New torsion bars came today from FPN so they are OEM ford bars. Question One of the bars is around 1-1.5" longer than the other one, is that right??:confused: I have the X parked at a friends house so figured it was easer to ask on hear rather than drive around there to measure the...
  17. A

5R55E turbine speed sensor??

Thanks i will parse that on, anybody know what a new 5R55E is worth depending on the cost to fix this one, it may wall be cheaper to bring one in from the U.S. Cheers.
  18. A

5R55E turbine speed sensor??

Gday guys, asking a question for a fellow X owner over hear. Ford has told him his gear box is broken (turbine speed sensor) I believe, as normal they want a stupid price to fix the problem. Can anybody shed any light on what is exactly involved to replace this item? Cheers.:thumbsup:
  19. A

new torsion bar's

My Factory bars are now getting a bit tired so I will need to fit a new set of ford ones Was looking on the FPN site and they list a torsion bar for a 97 4WD explorer but it has a order buy Code note are there different types of torsion bars on the explorers? If so what is the strongest...
  20. A

96 explorer will not start

Are you getting spark now?? If so then the problem is most likely a fuelling issue, Do the above^^ Or Hit it with a sensible dose of “Start ya basted” down the intake tube wile somebody is cracking it over and if it fires up and then stops once you stop spraying you have a fuelling issue Cheers.
  21. A

Will It Fit??

LOL. You are telling me Rick. Only reason I asked is I have only ever heard of the Loc rite/ Aussie Lockers being fitted to the front end, I always thought this was because the D35 on the X is different to the STD D35 on other makes and the above 2 lockers were made specifically for it...
Back