Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Where about did you find that engine for your explorer when you did it? Mine just blew a...

Where about did you find that engine for your explorer when you did it? Mine just blew a spark plug out of it.. helicoil didn't help much and I might as well put a new engine in it (11100 miles). I'm trying to look for an engine that is less than 1500 and newer than an 02. thanks
  2. S

Tailgate glass latch problems.

Alright, so I decided to move a table for a buddy and ended up bending my tailgate latch where the glass closes down. I was wondering if anyone could upload some photos of how the latch should look compared to the ones that I have. I've called and looked at countless junkyards with no success...
  3. S

Rough idle at start

I've done the o rings and still have the rough idle for about 30 seconds when I first start it up with a new IAC...
  4. S

Sport Trac vs. Sport 2dr. Similarities

So what was it? ;-) link us to the page.
  5. S

Any aftermarket HU out there with music library (cataloging)?

With the alpine unit, you probably need to update the firmware on your ipod. Also with the alpine unit you can change display colors. (another reason why I should of went with the alpine) One downside of the alpine is there is no cd option at all. Which you shouldn't have a problem with, just...
  6. S

2001 XLT Sport - Hi everyone!

You should take some pictures of your driver side for us so we could get a better idea, maybe? ;) Welcome to the site. :D
  7. S

Brake Rotors

I actually ended up calling them and had them cancel my order. I ordered another one and specified I wanted them slotted only and zinc platted, they kept saying drilled but I think they got it after I told them why I didn't want them slotted. They have great customer service. I talked to Steve...
  8. S

Brake Rotors

Which ones did you order, their website is somewhat confusing on which to order... 95-01 explorer or just the sport-sport trac? I have an 01' sport which is why I'm asking.
  9. S

Leaving the forum,Sold the ex

I know how you feel, trust me. I'm about to embark on the infamous timing chain replacement while I have a week off school.. The most work I've ever done was front suspension and the intake gaskets.. This should be fun. I would have sold this thing already too but I've been in one too many front...
  10. S

Always a start

Keep us updated on the carputer. I would like to know what I need to get this done, I'm more geeky than grease monkey myself. edit: Better yet, take some pictures!
  11. S

A New Old Member looking to buy again

2002.... The v6 2001s have the timing chain problems. I would save yourself the trouble.
  12. S

Any aftermarket HU out there with music library (cataloging)?

I like mine...I got a nice deal on it. But I wish I would of went with the ida-x001. Mine has usb and I have a 160gig hooked up to it. Takes about 30seconds to load up my library but after that it is instant. Had to do a little wiring and a small switch so it wouldn't drain the battery etc. But...
  13. S

Whoops, sorry Mr. F 150 TX. Edition...

Well, at least you didn't roll it.. and you got her plate number.
  14. S

2001 explorer sport (no 4 wheel LOW)

I just changed my transfer case fluid yesterday... It wasn't engaging in 4w low at all before I changed it and would almost screech when putting it in 4w high. I was afraid the case was going bad due to the fact I have 75000 on it and I haven't changed it yet. But after I changed it everything...
  15. S

2001 explorer sport (no 4 wheel LOW)

think I grenaded mine... :-X
  16. S

How to: Install camber adjusters 2nd Gen Explorer - Fixing a lowered X's alignment

Woohoo! I can finally do something with my camber kit. Thanks, just in time to replace the uppers! you rock! Thanks.
  17. S

Engine Shakes?

check plugs and gaps then go towards the upper and lower intake gaskets 00m12 fix.
  18. S

Convert non-FFV to run E-85 or gasoline!

This has been around for a while, the price tag has been what was stopping me. I have heard people tune their xcal tuners to e85 on their forums with no problems, though. There is a new company that makes an e85 conversion for $199 but it is only for 4 cylinders. :-/
  19. S

Transmission prevention

Remember to change your transfer case fluid as well.
  20. S

Truck bounces over bumps

I have the good years, and I have not seen a dirt road I haven't hopped over bumps with..I think its just how the truck rides, I've been through all the suspension parts over dirt roads, only thing that I have not changed is the tires and the steering rack. (which I don't think is broke)
  21. S

Has anyone done heater controls glow guages

What did you use to paint the bezel?
  22. S

Brakes & Rotors

Thanks, maybe I should of read a bit more.. :-)
  23. S

Brakes & Rotors

How are their premium line of rotors compared to their "E" line? What advantages do the diamond slots compared to the other rotors? Thanks.
  24. S

Power Inverter

I put mine in my glove box, all it powers is an external hard drive though and its a 90w. I have a on/off switch on the side of my console so it doesn't drain battery the 12v line.
Back