Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Drivers door locking by itself

Thanks guys for this information. I did notice that when I barely held pressure up on the door lock linkage it wouldn't do it. I am going to watch the video and see what becomes of it. Thanks again!
  2. J

It is like something is mechanically pulling it down when you use the outside handle. It is not electronic. If you barely hold up pressure on the lock mechanism (black round button that screws on) it will not lock. It just started doing this, I've had it for 10 years and the door has never been...
  3. J

Ok-here we go. I have a 2001 Sport. When the doors are unlocked and you try to open from the outside more than once it will pull the lock mechanism down causing the door to lock. I can open as many times as i want from the inside and all is well. Does anyone have any experience with this? I have...
  4. J

0-60 runs

Where are the you guys at? Mine is sitting right around 6 secs with my tuning and 89 octane fuel. Link for my YouTube upload. This is my 2 door stock engine, stock intake, stock manifold, Maximizer headers, custom Henson stainless 3" exhaust to the rear (all Tig welded by me with all mandrel...
  5. J

returnless to Return style fuel conversion

I would recommend a Deatschwerks pump. Stay away from anything that says pump and Aeromotive! I got to when people would bring that sh*t to my shop I would refuse to install it. Plain junk. I have NEVER had a Deatschwerks failure! The flow of the pumps are better at the same rated voltage than...
  6. J

sct x4????

Look dude-did you see the date of the original post? 3 years ago. If someone purchased something from me and had an issue I always took care of it. If the end-user options were requested I would enable them, if not I wouldn't. What questions would there be to ask after 3 years? If there is an...
  7. J

Maximizer headers?

Just curious are they 1.5" tubes?
  8. J

How to: Default Overdrive OFF modification

The reason I mentioned a tune is because most of the Gen 2 guys have a programmer and most have a tune. Not a major issue since everything has already been purchased. Most people who have tunes could talk to their tuner and they would probably help out with that. Who wants a bunch of wiring and...
  9. J

V8 swap thread discussion

Throw it on a trailer and I will finish. Central Alabama is where I live-it'll cost you for my time but will be happy to do it.
  10. J

Give me a call (pm me for the number) and I will talk you through it. This will make it much easier.
  11. J

Completed Project Top Mount TURBO Explorer V8

I agree on this. I remember when I was trying to get in the 7's (1/8th mile) with mine it was difficult-major brick wall. The truck would always run 8.20's @ 84.51 in the heat(1/8th) and 12.70's (1/4) around 101-103. I still question why this particular Ex isn't running faster than 13.50's@ 97...
  12. J

How to: Default Overdrive OFF modification

Just turn the OD off in a custom tune. Problem solved. Especially if you don't need it more than you do. I have mine adjusted so it goes in around 48-50 mph-works well for me. I also have it programmed to downshift with the converter locked so 4-3 around 42 mph and converter stays locked sounds...
  13. J

Ok-I have both the ABS and the speedometer working now. There was apparently a late model year wiring diagram for my 2001 Sport. So once I found that it detailed the black wire on pin 19. Clearly we all agree the 5.0 had a gray/blk wire feeding both the speedometer and the ecu with engine speed...
  14. J

I'm Baaaack!

Does the guy at torque monster headers have a phone number? I contacted this guy via email a few days ago and he never got back with me. Is he still making these things? Otherwise I will make my own. I just found his phone number-Duh! On his website. Got ahold of him. Really nice guy. Guess I...
  15. J

I'm Baaaack!

My goal is to build a SRT8 style Explorer. The 4 low would not be necessary for me since this will never go offroad. It will be primarily a street vehicle, if I do go offroad then I will only be on a gravel road or unpaved driveway. No mud for this girl! Pavement dweller only. This way no...
  16. J

I believe I have it figured out. Will be a few days before I can get back on it. I have 4 cars to tune this week after work (yes a real 40 hr JOB). So, as soon as I get an opportunity I will look into this I will see if what I have up my sleeve will work. Right now I have my Sport loaded onto my...
  17. J

Mine isn't located there. That was the first thing I looked for to try to retrieve my door code as I did in my 98. The left hollow space is empty in there on the 2001 Sport. I would love to know what my door code is as well. I am unsure of what year the engine came out of. The engine harness...
  18. J

I have went through the abs connector and the only pin that is not populated in mine is pin# 11. pins are as follows: 2001 Sport; 2000 model 4 dr Pin1 - ; Or/wht PIn2 Rd/Gr; Rd/Gn Pin3 Y ...
  19. J

OK, neither of the harnesses that I have use pin 10 on the abs module. For some reason Mitchell 1 doesn't show this vehicle. I believe it is grouped up in an Explorer Sport Trac group or something. ALL the schematics I look at don't jive. So back onto this pin 10 thing. I don't have an issue...
  20. J

Ok-got the speedo figured out now I have created a new problem. Speedometer works. Tied pin 19 of the abs into pin 58 on the ecu and installed an abs module from a 98 into my Explorer Sport. Now I show speed on the dash and in the processor while datalogging. At the same time I now I have an abs...
  21. J

OK-after doing some digging it appears the v6 and v8 abs modules are different. Back to Pull-A-Part I go.
  22. J

I datalogged the vehicle last night. Unit shifts fine, I am actually getting the commanded and desired shifts 1-4 and lock up. The vehicle speed shows 0 all the time. As far as this diagram- I believe everything I have to the #1 connector is fine. I agree that circuit 679 is the culprit an it...
  23. J

I'm Baaaack!

What did the 4406 come in? Is everything else the same? My first rodeo for AWD. I currently have the OE AWD case sitting on the ground. Just for kicks and giggles what case is it? While I am at it- go here and see if you could help with my speedo issue-->V8 swap thread discussion
  24. J

Thanks 4.slow for the diagrams. I assume both of these are for the 5.0L explorers? Would you happen to have one for the v6? I had a family emergency (the reason why I was absent a couple of days). I am going to subscribe to Mitchell1 to see what is going on (E-service manual). Just wanted to see...
  25. J

I'm Baaaack!

Thanks-Got the 5.0L swapped in and running. Drove to work the last 2 days. I have everything for a complete AWD swap. Getting some parts together (CV shafts, ball joints, etc-normal wear items) for the install. I currently have all these parts but they are worn. Gonna go through the front end...
Back