Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 1

91 sleaf sprung X

i ment 302 i am a big bow tie guy but have found a place for fords as for that hanger its home made its burrly too. its made with 2x2 inch square tubeing 1/2 inch thick walls the ends are 1/2 inch thick steal plate. then we used the same desine off of my buddys toyota and made it bigger and...
  2. 1

91 sleaf sprung X

trail/ dd i am gona milk it for all its worth then its back into the shop and its gettin a d44 and frod 9 inch also a 305 and new tranny not shure yet witch one. any suggestions? kevin
  3. 1

91 sleaf sprung X

pics now added for all to see
  4. 1

91 sleaf sprung X

guys i am sorry to have kept you all waiting the last week has been insane with my truck from stuff not fitting right to not haveing the right parts. ok well istill have a mild to do list to finish it but it now can drive down the street ( no shocks is a verry scarry thing). to do list...
  5. 1

91 sleaf sprung X

I have finaly done it my truck now sits on a dana 30 on its own weight. i am pumped up i have waited for a long time for this day. I used chevy springs from a tahoe rear jeep shakel mounts and made my own front hanger. i have about 2 more days worth of stuff to do but i am pumped!! i am gona do...
  6. 1

has anyone???

thanks for the ideas splodo49. just one other question who makes the snorkel head? thanks again kevin
  7. 1

has anyone???

how did you make that snorkeli like it can you give me some general pointers on witch way to go or start. thanks kevin
  8. 1

recovery question

blee1099 your a smart wheeler your 3 steps ahead raedy for any thing i have that kind of ecuptment in a big rubber maid tub.
  9. 1

has anyone???

i found a good one on some jeep web site i am going to use i dont rearly care how it looks i just need to have it be a functional. i am not big into looks just wether it woorks or not. i am going to have to think of a way to keep it from filling up with water it rains alot in washington but that...
  10. 1

has anyone???

ok this is something i need to make before my next wheeling trip. i need to know if any one has made a snorkel. i had a small misshap this weekend i was up at the little nachies and we came across this big mudhole my girlfriend say oh we can make that and thats were it went sour i got a good run...
  11. 1

just a question

yes this is a big help to me i have a 5spd in mine and i drive the hell out of my truck. i am going to lift it here in the next couple of weeks. i want to know if there is any good clutches because mine is starting to go out. thanks kevin
  12. 1

just a question

i have just bought a 1991 explorer with 185000 miles on it i am just wondering how much longer will the motor last it runs great i has a small oil leak on the valve cover gasket and thats it. i am just wonderin if the tranny might go or the motor might because i am planning on lifting it and...
  13. 1

Do you have warrior 153's?

whats a 3* pionion angel
  14. 1

WAR153 Shackels INSTALLED :)

is that the only size they come in for the explorers ? or is there a diffrent kit that fits from like a jeep or something?
  15. 1

WAR153 Shackels INSTALLED :)

how big were the shckels? i want to know if they 3 inch shackels. and if they do what are the numbers?
  16. 1

Hazardiz's 91 exploder on full widths and 38s

i thought i might put in my 2 cents on the fneder flare thing i used old garbage tires from the junk yard and bolted then in ti the bottom of the fenders and blamo a indistrucable fender flare and they are cheap. kevin
  17. 1

coil install

you ever gone up to evens creek? there is some bad ass trails up there.
  18. 1

i am a newbie

i am here to learn thanks for the welcomes. i found out that the lft kit will work i am stoked i cant wait to show off some pics of my X doing what it dose best (play in the mud) :D kevin
  19. 1

need some advice before i make a mistake

tahnks thats what i needed to know i thought it would work. i will buy and do the SOA and will be good to go thanks. kevin
  20. 1

is there anyone that might know that i could ask or mabe someone will post it. the kit isnt brand new he got it from some one who wrecked there ranger and its onlly the front i was going to ask on here what leaf springs i could use to lift the back and how big of shackles to use.
  21. 1

ok will a 5.5 super lift from a 1984 bronco II fit on my 1991 explorer and is $250 a good deal i am just starting out so i am still a newbi but i am always ready to learn. thanks
  22. 1

i am a newbi

ok i have a 1991 explorer and i would like to lift 9 inches what will i need to do this other than solid axel swap. i also would like to know if a super lift for a 1984 broncoII will fit my explorer. thanks for any help
  23. 1

i am a newbie

ok i bought a 1991 ford explore from my buddys mom it runs great. well i want to lift it and my nextdoor nabor has a 1984 bronco 2 and he has a super lift 5.5 inch lift he will sell me for $250 i am just wondering if it will fit my explorer. i hope i didnt post this in the wrong section...
Back