Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

So who has converted to coilovers?? I have questions.

Where would you get the brackets from? I've been considering this swap also.
  2. C

How to: Flush, R&R compressor, accumulator, and orfice tube 95

Just wanted to thank the op. Saved me a ton of $ allowing me to do most of the work my self. The witeup and the pics are spot on.
  3. C

nssj2's SAS 5.0 Build

I might be interested in your old superlift parts. PM sent.
  4. C

Looking at Remanufactured 4.0 OHV

I have a re manufactured 4.0 ohv from Jasper. I have about 20k on it so far and its been completely reliable. I've had no problems at all.
  5. C

Daystar add a leaf?

Anyone have any experience with the Daystar aal? I just bought warrior shackles and am looking for an aal to install at the same time. The brands I've run across so far are Daystar, Rough Country and Pro Comp. I know many people have used the Pro Comps with good success but I have read that...
  6. C

Custom Walnut console or finished in a color?

I vote for carbon fiber.
  7. C

pro comp bumper question

I'm interested in this also. If someone could post some pics that would be great.
  8. C

Help removing wax buildup

I am wondering this also.
  9. C

Cheap shackles

TT up front as it wont cost anything but an alignment which I need anyway.
  10. C

Cheap shackles

Just wondering where I could pick up the cheapest set of warrior shackles. I tried searching but I couldn't find anything conclusive. Cheapest set I've found so far is 56.00 from Tellico 4x4. I'm a poor college student so I'm trying to find the best deal. Just picked up a 4-door leaf pack...
  11. C

Spark plug issue

I am having the exact same problem. Truck started running crappy, took it to the mechanic, he pulled the code and it was misfire on the #4 cylinder. Needed a tune up anyway so I let him replace all the plugs. 2 months later the problem came back. Took it back to the mechanic and he thinks it...
  12. C

how much would u pay????

Ive found that the nada values are a lot more realistic than blue book in most cases. You can check it out here .
  13. C

calling underhood experts

Glad you got everything sorted out, could you post some pics of what the engine compartment looks like now?
  14. C

more questions on mods

Im not all that sure, but from everything I've read the stock manifold flows pretty well on the sohc so gains from adding headers are probably negligable. You might want to think about a larger throttlebody if you haven't already and are still looking to improve the induction system.
  15. C

Wiring Harness/Relay Upgrades for '98 Explorer?

If im not mistaken aldive or someone else has tested the voltage drop with the harness from suvlights.com and it was pretty negligable, a great improvement over stock from all accounts.
  16. C

Manual troubles

Had the clutch replaced a few months ago in my '86 bronco II and cost over 700$, not cool when you're a poor college kid. Thanks for the info will try to bleed the slave cylinder this weekend.
  17. C

Manual troubles

I have a '97 Sport 5-speed, just got it about a month ago after my '95 was totaled in a wreck (not my fault :mad: ). Lately I've been having trouble getting the truck to go into gear sometimes, whether its first gear or reverse. My old on did this as well. Would a flush fix this? Im pretty...
  18. C

Help! Need Assistance! Spark Plug Blowout!

I had a similar problem shortly after buying my new well used '97 sport. Not the spark plug issue but the truck running crappy on start-up and power loss. When I poped the hood I realised that the intake hose wasnt completely connected to the throttlebody, must have vibrated lose some how. I...
  19. C

Bumper and air dam replacement on a ’99

I might be interested, have been looking into doing the body lift sometime soon.
  20. C

roof rack

What I would do is check either the yakima or thule website to see what you want, then look for it on ebay or something similiar. Sometimes you can find pretty good deals. You might also check your local junkyard, I know some other members have had luck doing that.
  21. C

Ranger bumper on X????

I've been wondering this as well. Has anyone given this a try?
  22. C

Intake howls when it's hot outside.

The howling I was refering to featured in the video someone posted above, very annoying and only occurs at idle. I suppose I should buy an after market intake anyway.
  23. C

Intake howls when it's hot outside.

I have the same problem, someone post a fix if you find one.
Back