Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

WTB 92-94 Ex lifted under $2500 SOCAL

Looking for a 92-94 Lifted Explorer at least 5.5" and 33" tires. Color don't matter. Send me what you got, ads listed in Southern California area or Las Vegas. Thanks in advance...
  2. S

'93 XLT w/A4LD shifting problems

Sorry that this is an old posting and I am replying to this... Where are these band set screws located? I have this problem with a new/used trans I replaced in my '94 XLT. The modulator is one of those that have the adjustment knob on it. I turned it in small increments and the trans still...
  3. S

I have reverse, but no drive gear.

I'm starting to see a trend in 94 X's with the A4LD losing forward gears. Mine is doing the very exact same thing. What was the fix? I strained over 3 years of threads and postings and I have found all kinds of different explanations... vacuum modulator, modulator leaking trans fluid into...
  4. S

94 Sport Full Width Dana 44 and 9 inch

Nicely Done... Excellent mod... :eek:
  5. S

Question: Superrunner Steering Installation

After finally collecting dust for almost a year, I finally had the time this past weekend to install the 5.5" Superlift bought used from NOTAJP (thanks Kent). Anyhow, the SOA went OK and the front end install were ****. Only pain in the neck was finding the mounting location for the...
  6. S

2wd to 4wd with sas

I wouldn't even try. Buy a 4WD. In the long run, it'll be cheaper. Just my 2 abes...
  7. S

Skyjacker 8" Class II Lift for Explorer

NOTAJP... check email.
  8. S

Where did you find an 8" class II? I have only seen 6" class IIs and 8" class I's. Might think about an SAS. Can achieve much more lift without the reprocussions of the D35. Maybe I read the part number wrong. Yes, its only 4" and 6" Class II. Sorry.
  9. S

For as much as you will spend on that lift and gears. You could have done a solid axle swap. Get rid of the Dana 35. Why Brian? Around here in Hawaii, there's not much places to do rock crawling or any serious off-roading. DLNR has got all the "hairy" trails pretty much closed off. Only...
  10. S

I was just kinda wondering... Will a Class II 8 inch lift thru Skyjacker for the Ranger fit an Explorer. A few techies from here are a little conservative about trying to intergrate Ranger Lifts to Explorers. I want to lift the crap out of my Eddie Bauer with a Class II Lift. Any...
  11. S

Alternator or Regulator?

I had the same problem too. My initial thought was to change out the regulator. But all Exploder Alt's are internally regulated and around these parts of California, prices arent too affordable. So I changed out the whole alternator and fixed the problem. Most charging systems go bad...
  12. S

TRANSMISSION PROBLEM (again)

LMAO!!!
  13. S

Thanks for the input, fellas... Gotta find that damned Haynes manual again... dammit! Thanks fellas... My Automatic Tranny needs to be shot... :shoot:
  14. S

Alrighty Explorer guru's... About 6 months ago to a year, I had posted a problem with my transmission being a little uncooperative during shifting. I was directed to an awesome webpage showing all kinds of "do-it-yourself" fixes via Dead Link Removed ... and have fixed -=most=- of the the...
  15. S

Question on Lift Kit Prices???

Thanks fellas. I appreciate the info. Hopefully I can get the Exploder ready by Panamint Valley Days (if its still around this Fall). Once again, thanks...
  16. S

Question on Lift Kit Prices???

Does anyone have an idea on where to purchase a full SKYJACKER 6" Lift system for a good price? 4 Wheel Wholesale sux in pricing (just my opinion). I live in California near Death Valley and need an inexpensive yet dependable suspension for my '91 Exploder 4x4 XLT to go either rock crawling...
  17. S

HI-Output Alternator for Explorer

Hi all. Looking for a 165 amp or more alternator for my '91. It needs to fit into the stock alternator area. I've seen another poster having a 175 amp'er. If anyone could please direct me to a alternator outlet in the San Fernando, Apple or Antelope Valley areas who deal with hi-output...
  18. S

COME ON!

Try going here... Dead Link Removed Maybe this will help ya... AC "STOMPAH"
  19. S

Transmission won't shift

I hope this helps... Its almost a similar problem like yours that I had but my tranny would act up when its warmed up. I posted a question here a week ago but no one could help me. Until... someone emailed me this address: Dead Link Removed Check it out. I hope this helps... AC...
  20. S

'91 Explorer Tranny shifting problem

Thanx "flyguy" and "LS431o28" for the reply. I'll try to search around the forum again. AC "STOMPAH"
  21. S

I guess no one can help me...
  22. S

I have a '91 Explorer Automatic 4X4 that is shifting from first to second kinda funny. When the trucks cold, the shifting is perfect. When the temperature gets a little warm, the truck shifts from first to almost third (shifting into second for less than a second then into third). Know what I...
Back