Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. rizzjc

Let's see, what can I powdercoat today?

I don't use it a ton, but it's nice that I could get rid of all of my old hitch balls and always have what I need with me. My brother told me about these. It's great!
  2. rizzjc

Let's see, what can I powdercoat today?

I've got one! Now I know who I'm sending it to to get blinged out! 😁
  3. rizzjc

Well that didn't take long!

Oh gee, that sucks. Sorry about that. I know that's always my biggest great when I get a new car. That would make me ill.
  4. rizzjc

For Sale 97 Explorer AWD V8, torque monsters

SOLD! Jumping on a trailer tomorrow to it's new home down the road.
  5. rizzjc

Well, not quite what I wanted out of it, but a young guy who seems excited to work on it, so it's all good.
  6. rizzjc

Well, looks like it's going soon. Young guy, who wants to fix it up and do a 4WD swap. So maybe it'll be back in here again!
  7. rizzjc

Oh, yikes. That's a treck. Where's all the North Carolina guys here?!?!
  8. rizzjc

Just got offered $1500, sight unseen. Come on! Somebody here who I know will love it!
  9. rizzjc

Let's not forget those Torque Monsters that are on there! Sounds great! Never did take it the secondary cats. So they are just waiting to be opened up!
  10. rizzjc

Thanks. Yes, please, someone who can love it. A lady just came by like she was looking at it for a daily driver. Umm, unless you can turn a wrench, move on. This is a 24 year old truck!
  11. rizzjc

Oh, sorry. Yeah, I fixed it already by putting the old one back. Only reason I put the new one in is that I was in there replacing the transfer case. Old driveshaft works fine.
  12. rizzjc

Broke down and got a new F-150. Went to try to figure out the grinding noise that parked this thing 7 months ago, and figured out this afternoon that it was the NEW front driveshaft that I put in .... about 7 months ago. So, now I gotta go down from 4 cars to 2.
  13. rizzjc

Hoping I can find someone here to love my truck like I have since August 1996. I had a new crate engine dropped in at 180k miles (when the TMs went on), and have probably hardly put 50k on it since I did that in 2012, or so. Put a transfer case in last summer. Lots more I can tell anyone who's...
  14. rizzjc

A/C clutch replacement.

Sorry, I hardly remember doing this. Probably just whatever I had laying around. I'd have to do it again to remember any particulars about what I did.
  15. rizzjc

Betty's "I want to be a mule" progress log thread

Ooh! Those hood struts! Just replaced mine after getting tired of dodging it for the last year. Glad you didn't knock yourself out! Could be worse. You coulda fixed a non working EXTERIOR door latch on a Honda, with a zip tie, and now have a door that won't open from either side, and have to...
  16. rizzjc

Betty's "I want to be a mule" progress log thread

Bummer, but glad she is ok!
  17. rizzjc

98 AWD transfer case in a 97

That's one idea I had, and haven't tried it yet. I should, but leaks drive me crazy. Like nails on a chalk board. The other thing I thought about was taking out the rubber inspection plug, and putting a piece of sponge in there. Then I just repose the sponge after several months, or when I...
  18. rizzjc

98 AWD transfer case in a 97

Picked up the truck, and it's nice and smooth. No clunk on takeoff, and no vibration on the highway. The downside is that there is already a drop under it, so it was NOT just the valve covers leaking, but the rear main as well. I think I need to fabricate an oil absorbing plug to replace the...
Back