1. M

5R55W Solenoid Pack, 1 Month old

Aw, crud. Thanks for heads up.
  2. M

bump, $100 price
  3. M

Gabriel Max-Control vs. Monroe Reflex?

I have just installed new Monroe reflex on my 2002. One factory shock was leaking and I just installed new ball joints and tie rods too. I really was hoping the ride would be significantly improved. I cannot say that. For the most part these are identical to the factory ride. There is...
  4. M

Moved to For Sale I solved my problems with shifting using this new solenoid pack. After a month though the 3rd gear OD band broke and I needed a full rebuild of the trans. I removed this before the rebuild since it was basically new. Yours for $150 shipped. Thanks for looking, Richard
  5. M

4.6L Explorer engine timing chain ooops!

I just did the timing chain change. Both tensioners were being ground down and the guides were both broken loose. It was a disaster in there. AND there were chain gouges in the OIL pump housing down by the crank. Good thing I got on this. It could have been bad. Issues: The top idler...
  6. M

How many miles on your 3RD GEN! orig. tranny????

6-2001 build date and just had the intermediate band fail. 99k on the clock. I was leaving a slow cruise in 3rd, lever position, and as I tipped in pop. Lost it. Only had it a couple months so I am displeased. Time for a rebuild and a Torque Converter. Thinking on a Dirty Dog TC with...
  7. M

Wanted: 2002-2005 Cruise Control Cable

That would be great! Send me your info. r
  8. M

75 mm throttle body needed, maybe upper plenum too.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you have no idea what those materials are or some of the laws of heat exchange. Let me expand. The hose is double ply neoprene with a smooth bore liner. I get it for $16 a foot. It is good to 300°F operating temperature and after having used it for years in...
  9. M

Wanted: 2002-2005 Cruise Control Cable

I really only need the end that attaches to the throttle body but could use the whole cable. Dealer wants $40 so make me a deal. Thanks RichardM
  10. M

Here it is installed. Used 3.5" hose and tubing to create the new intake tube. Foam is for heat protection. It does OK but the underhood air just gets in and IATs run hotter than ambient for sure. I did not resize the image so you can see detail. ONE SNAFT. The cruise control cable does not...
  11. M

So I have the mustang version upper CL plenum. There is a vacuum port on the top of the factory elbow for power brake booster that is not present. Will need modification. The throttle cable bracket with its ears for the plastic engine cover mounting may not clear the bump on top so need to...
  12. M

Exhaust question

Also, don't forget to extend the exhaust tips at least even with the rear bumper or side of the vehicle. If it dumps under the car at all you will get drone. r
  13. M

cold air intake increase performance?

I will agree that dyno testing has a huge place in testing things. But unless you put the dyno in a wind tunnel and keep the hood closed while you accelerate the airflow the intake air dynamics cannot be representative of real world. All you are testing in a static test stand are flow...
  14. M

Dyno is a poor measure of the real world. Track testing is the only thing I've trusted. Vehicle dynamics cannot be accounted for in a static dyno setup. specifically, airflow in and around your vehicle. I've proven it on other vehicles for myself and I'm talking hundreds of passes, not some...
  15. M

Exhaust question

I have an 02 V8 XLT 4x4. I just had a shop install a Magnaflow 18" replacement to rid myself of the factory *****. I also have a cone filter on my MAF but no other changes. This thing sounds mean and has a nice burble at idle. But open it up and wow. This was in preparation of a tune and...
  16. M

The discussion was to point out that nothing is as easy as a CAI to improve performance. He asked for opinions and that's mine.
  17. M

Cold Air Intakes and the similar stuff are not created equal. While cooler air is denser and gives more power, engine efficiency is really what intake improvements are about. The engine is a pump and is hurt by pumping losses. Air pressure and air flow are lossy. As the atmoshere tries...
  18. M

I'd be interested in that deal. Send me your direct contact info. rfmj2@msn.com Thanks RichardM
  19. M

What are the recommendations for a 75 mm TB on a 2002 4.6L?? How different are things on the Mustang for all the little bits and tubes versus the Explorer? Thinking also of the C&L upper plenum. Thoughts? Thanks RichardM
  20. M

Cold transmission better than hot transmission 5r55w

Hurray, The tranny shop hit this one on the head. The $225 solenoid block from Rock Auto and 7 quarts of Mercon V have seemingly fixed my issues. I do believe the shop that worked on it before I bought it did something stupid. First, the tranny pan had hammer marks on the inside. I believe...
  21. M

Dim Odometer fixed, images inside

So I got this new to me vehicle and found the odometer is unreadable. So I got eager and after seeing a a post about a bad solder joint I removed the gauge assembly and discovered two resistors on the printed wiring board were desoldered and not making contact. Resoldered, reassembled and now...
  22. M

Thanks. I happen to have one hanging in the garage and forgot about it. I will verify temps prior to final fill.
  23. M

After a bit of advise from local shop I am going to replace the solenoid block and as much fluid as I can. It appears possible the torque converter has a drain plug which would be helpful. I read something about a cooler bypass valve in the body that prevents fluid from going to the cooler...
  24. M

Let me be clear. At hot, i pulled the check plug for the first time and i got a pint of fluid out before it became a light stream. May have been slightly overfilled. Seeing the color i felt the fluid was a bit old so i removed the pan plug and removed just shy of 2 quarts. Installed a...
  25. M

After finding dark fluid in my newly acquired 4.6L XLT I drained the pan and added the Lucas transmission conditioner and two quarts of fresh Mercon V. The trans now seems to perform pretty well when cold. However, half way through my drive to work when things are hot, I get the shudder on the...
Back