Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Thin Metal Cable? ('02 Window Regulator)

. Thanks guys. I'll let you know how it goes. And yes, already had the blue painters tape ready. I see people use duct tape and shake my head. So, if I remove all and rework it outide the door, will the reinstall be easier, or the same? I imagine the cable tension fight will be fun either way...
  2. S

. Thanks alot, Rocket. We'll see how things go. The hardest part is the time crunch I'm under. Movers come this Wednesday to pack up all of my stuff, to include tools. Going overseas for a year (military). And i have to work Monday and Tuesday. On top of not having a warm large enough place to...
  3. S

help!!! power window issue!!!!

Yeah... we have a discussion going on now titled "Thin Metal Cable (Window Regulator" hoping to solve the questions. .
  4. S

Received... Thanks! Working that now... ;) .
  5. S

If to Joe Dirt and spdrcer34... I'm already ahead of you. ;) Oh, I stumbled across another post about removing the door panels. I agree, nice text bubbles. That was my first fun... figuring out how Ford designed them to come off. But the haynes manual at my local Advanced Auto gave my that...
  6. S

. Just to clarify... I do see the unit that has the two upright black colored channels and the black plastic motor in her door. I tried my best to feel arround (almost getting my arm stuck in her door, and can't locate anything resembling the silver metal scissor-type regulator like I pictured...
  7. S

. Thanks again. No need to go removing door panels. The second figure you linked, looks similar, but for the rear door. I'm thinking that we have to replace the regulator that has the two black channels and has what looks to be cables criss-crossing between them (the top one in my last reply)...
  8. S

. Hope so... and I like my thumbs as they are too. (Spdrcer34)... No need for any surgeries only 10 days from a big move. Thanks in advance. The regulator she bought was without the motor, and looks slightly different than this one I found at PartsAmerica.com...
  9. S

. Thanks for replying Donner. Yeah, she says it's a pretty cold drive to work, plus she lives in an apartment complex, so an unsecured vehicle is not cool either. I came across the figure that you linked me to. Still not seeing the cable... unless it runs inside the two pieces numbered '7'. .
  10. S

. When trying a generis Yahoo search, I came across this answer to the 'crunching' non moving window issue and it mentions the cable, but of course no real details... The crunching sound is most likely a loose cable on the dual cable pulley system used on 2002 Ford Explorers. The cable that...
  11. S

. Okay guys, Jeep guy here working on a friend's '02 Explorer window regulator problem. I have searched and found lots of discussion on this issue, because it seems to be a faily common problem. The only thing I can't find is good info on the metal cable portion. Her's seems to be loose and...
  12. S

removing window from regulator

. Yep, rivots. Nice of Ford to use them instead of bolt/nuts. I get to do that fun tomorrow. Looking for any tips/suggestions on the whole regulator replacement job. (Jeep guy)
  13. S

help!!! power window issue!!!!

. I'm about to tackle theis fun tomorrow. Helping out a co-worker who's '03 driver's window had the same thing happen. Would have gotten it done tonight, but I discovered the rivots and that threw the plan off. Have to bring my drill and get bolts to put it back together with. Why and the heck...
  14. S

Locker

. Recently installed a Eaton E-Locker in the wife's Jeep TJ w/ F8.8. Total quiet engagement and operation. Highly recommended. I'm going the cheap route, and tossing in a PowerTrax Lockrite lunch-box type locker in my 8.8. .
  15. S

TnTCustoms F8.8 Truss and U-Bolt Eliminators

. Got my F8.8 under my Cherokee last week, finally. Glad to have the upgrade done. Beefier axle, disc brakes... love it! I had TnTCustoms in Cheyenne, add on one of their Trusses, and also a set of their U-Bolt Eliminators. I think it turned out great. Here's a few pics... .
  16. S

Ford Oval Center Cap Stickers?

. Just installed a 8.8 under our Jeeps and would like to find Ford oval stickers for the aftermarket center caps. I know these used to be sold in auto parts stores everywhere, but I hear that the company selling them, didn't get permission, and were shut down. My local dealership parts counter...
  17. S

Jeep Guy Needs 8.8 Axle Help

. Update: Been driving around town for weeks with just the rear driveshaft in (front still has 3.07s). Next week, the new 4.10s and alloy shafts go in, along with the Eaton Electrac locker for the rear. Hopefully the wife won't genade this one! .
  18. S

Sweet Exploder you have there Yomie! It's always good to see things being modded different from everyone else. I think they all should have come with a SA in the front. Isn't it so much better now? I'll have to watch for the new pics. Did you guys make it through the latest crappy weather down...
  19. S

Sweet! Got any pics of the install? .
  20. S

. The swap is complete. The wife's TJ now sports a beefier 8.8 under it. Thanks to all that offer help and info. If anyone is interested in seeing pics of the swap project, you can visit her CarDomain site link below. Lots of cutting/grinding and welding, but the conversion went smooth. The...
  21. S

R&P and Locker Shopping

. I finally got the 8.8 axle (3.73 LS) swapped into the wife's Jeep TJ, and now it's time to start searching for new ring and pinions sets (4.10) and a full Detroit locker. I tried the search, but didn't come up with much. I'm hoping you all have done the leg work with your rigs, and have...
  22. S

. Look, twins! Went back and picked up a second 8.8 for the XJ too. No reason why both Jeeps can't be a little stronger in the rearend department. .
  23. S

. Found info on decoding the diff tag of an 8.8... And PS94... you are kidding about throwing away the tag, right? What if your rig ends up in a salvage yard, and I want the axle. This will tell me what I need to know. Hold on to 'em. .
  24. S

. Update: Picked up a 8.8 out of a '97 Explorer for $69. Open diff, 3.55 R&P (going to change that to 4.10s w/ Detroit) complete axle. Can't wait to get it installed. Gonna go back this weekend, and get one for my Cherokee as well. .
  25. S

. Went over to the shop today, and dove into the 8.8 to see what the spline count was. Unfortunately, it only has 28, and the diameter of the shafts are skinnier than the D35 ones. So, obviously, this axle won't work for my wife and her foot. We're now looking at a Scout D44 for the...
Back