Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. JamminG4Jim

Comment by 'JamminG4Jim' in media 'Pulling the rear driveshaft'

Thanks everyone! The bumpers are custom made using 1/4" Steel plate. The roof rack is a SURCO SAFARI rack with Explorer mounts. Got the rack and the lights off of E-bay. Jim ps: I sold it 3 yrs ago. :(
  2. JamminG4Jim

1994 Explorer 4 Sale

A friend of mine that I go wheeling with every year decided that his CJ-7 wasn't big enough for the wife and 3 kids! He lives up in northern MN where all the trails are. Man I wish I could find a job up there!! :D Jim
  3. JamminG4Jim

1994 Explorer 4 Sale

SOLD! I still have the 2000 Explorer so I can stay on here! Whoo-hoo!!!! Jimbo
  4. JamminG4Jim

1994 Explorer 4 Sale

Sorry, but I want to keep it all together as a package. Jim
  5. JamminG4Jim

1994 Explorer 4 Sale

Eddie Bauer Edition 4 Door with some trail rash (Not bad,tho)... Tranny needs a Vacumn Diaphram(sp?) but it is still driveable. You have to feather the go pedal to get it to upshift out of first gear only, then its normal. Comes with spare 8.8" rear axle (drum brakes), spare BW-1354 T-case...
  6. JamminG4Jim

Bought a F-350 Duallie!

OOPS! I bought ANOTHER F-350 last week! 2000 Super Duty Crew Cab Diesel Dually! 7.3L with a ton of mods! New Dually Pics Sooooo, If anyone's in the market for a 1995 F-350 Dually with low miles and recently replaced heads (water jacket leak NOT caused by heat, but by the previous...
  7. JamminG4Jim

Driveshaft and Gear Questions

Go with 4.88's...Don't waste your time and money on 4.56's with 33's UNLESS it will also be your daily driver. For off road only use I'd go with the 4.88's..I wish I would have. I've got 4.56's in my 94 and it's not a big change IMHO from 3.27's...I was expecting more...:( Hope this helps Jim
  8. JamminG4Jim

How many splines?

I have a 1994 vintage auto tranny equipped 8.8" rear axle and I'm wondering since i'm older and can NEVER remember: does it have 31 splines? I tried a search but didn't get a definitive answer. Any help apprecieated! Jim F.
  9. JamminG4Jim

Digger's Explorer saved his life

I considered buying a ZJ (Grand Cherokee) before settling on a 92 YJ Wrangler. Unibody was the deciding factor for me also. I'm really fortunate to have both the YJ and my X. Now all i gotta do is replace the X's tranny and they'll be both trail ready!!! Glad to hear that you're ok...
  10. JamminG4Jim

15x8 15x10

Tire width is also a deciding factor. Tires over 12.5" wide seem to weather better with the 10" rims...I've got a set of both 8" and 10" rims and found that 12.5" tires on 10" rims equaled bead loss at low tire pressures. IMO, any tire over 35" would work better on the 10" rims. Again, just...
  11. JamminG4Jim

A4LD'S Suck!

Re: Intermediate band is second I'll try it when I go to pick it up on Monday.I've got to get me one of those ASTG? tranny manuals off of E-bay. I'm not surprized that the tranny shop failed to mention this to me. It's Xmas time and they need suckers to pay for their gifts. I am SO pissed...
  12. JamminG4Jim

A4LD'S Suck!

Re: Sounds like you snapped the intermediate band Thanks for the reply!!!! What should I look for when I try it in "manual 2nd"???Movement? :) If it works in manual 2nd with the new vac diaph./MODULATOR????? does that confirm that the intermdeiate band is bad? How hard would it...
  13. JamminG4Jim

1993 Vacume Diagram???

It would exhibit the same symptoms as pulling the hose off at the vacumn tree, with the added symptom of rough up-shifting from the transmission due to lack of vacumn to the vacumn diapghram. Any open port on the tree will cause rough idling, stalls,etc., but if it's the tranny vacumn hose...
  14. JamminG4Jim

A4LD'S Suck!

Worse possible time for my transmission to take a dump. I had a local shop replace the Vacumn Diaphram on it. I asked them to install the adjustable diaphram, they put in the fixed setting one (Found this out by talking to the mechanic who did the work)...I hate people who do not listen. Even...
  15. JamminG4Jim

1993 Vacume Diagram???

Does your '93 have an automatic trans? Check the hose at the tranny end also if it does.... Hope this helps. Jim
  16. JamminG4Jim

Roll Over Posse Board Member Nominations and Elections

He gets MY vote! :) JEEZ!!!!!! A little more and we'd had to send flowers!!!! Jim
  17. JamminG4Jim

bfg m/ts or x-terrains

I was JUST gonna tell him that! I made the mistake of buying 5 of the XT's. Dumb,dumb,dumb...... Jim
  18. JamminG4Jim

Rear window Decal

I found someone who will custom make a rear window decal for my F-350's back window. Regular cab (not the crew cab style).... I need some idea's as to what kind of image and or text to put on the decal... I'm thinking It would have "EXPLORER4X4.COM" on it somewhere... Other that that I...
  19. JamminG4Jim

Parking brake: should I try it?

UPDATE! Went over to my local tire shop a few days ago and they checked out the parking brake system for $37.50! All is well, and I'm using it every day PLUS lubing the cables at every oil change. Thanks again for all your replies! Jim
  20. JamminG4Jim

Roll Over Posse Board Member Nominations and Elections

I knew it was just a matter of time before "The Turtle" ended up on it's side! NOW i'm more convinced than ever that I need a full roll cage and rock sliders! Maybe we can get someone to design a custom "smily" icon just for the members of "The posse"?!? And T-shirts also! he he Thanks to...
  21. JamminG4Jim

Does this count as a rollover? he he

Thanks, Robb. Yea, I always try to bring a camera person along or get someone on the trail ride to vid-tape for me. Ryan1 was vid-taping for me on the video from behind. Two other people got video from the front but I haven't gotten their video's yet. I'll post them on my site when I get...
  22. JamminG4Jim

Oh. Ok.... :) Jim
  23. JamminG4Jim

HEY!!!! Are you saying I can't drive? he he Jim
  24. JamminG4Jim

Click on my "web Page" icon below and then click on either one of the two new video links. Both of 'em are pretty cool to watch. Except for my dented fender that I already pounded out. Now I just have to top off the fluids and I'm ready to go again!!! Jim
  25. JamminG4Jim

My elbow slipped out the window just as it landed. Bruised my shoulder but nothing serious! Dr. ryan1 checked me out, applied ice and continued on the run with the other trucks while I rested up. Thanks to Ryan and Ann for going with today and for all your great help! Jim
Back