Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Hello

Welcome Antonius Looks like we're from the same area
  2. T

2000 4 door hitch on a 96 sport?

I have a similar hidden hitch installed on my 99 sport. The hitch came off a 4-door. I installed it with minimal issues. The spare tire had to be moved forward a little bit (the metal guard had to be bent forward) but otherwise all the holes lined up. And yes, the receiver will stick out a few...
  3. T

First time wiring aftermarket fog lights....

The aftermarket fogs probably has H3 bulbs. This is one of the most common halogen bulb available for accessory lighting. H3 bulbs usually have the positive wire extended with a connector on the end (male or female spade or sometimes rarely a bullet connector). Are you just referring to the...
  4. T

275's on stockies

There's been a couple of discussions regarding that on this forum. The best and most logical solution is a proper wheel -- one with a different offset so it moves the tire out further. This would of course be more expensive but you also have to make sure that it's going to clear. Some wheels...
  5. T

Largest tires that will fit on a 97 explorer sport 4x4

The Westin or the Manik brands are already pre-drilled with mounting for 2 lights. The holes are just covered with a couple of protective plastic plugs so you have the option of not putting in lights.
  6. T

Gas Milage... How to get the best?

To jcasey007: Since you have a dual system, you now have the added weight of the components associated with the secondary system (in this case LPG). Since UK conversions require you to have bi-fuel capability, then that extra weight alone would add a significant load on the vehicle. I do not...
  7. T

brighter headlights?

1. Silverstars or Phillips extreme would be your best start for OEM replacement and DOT approved. Avoid cheap ebay bulbs or blue colored bulbs as they actually decrease usable light output. An HID bulb in a reflector lens may work for some but personally I would not want to be inconsiderate...
  8. T

33s with 2.5?

Those re-treads are even slightly bigger than a theoretical 285/70-17 of 32.7"H / 11.2"W According to their website: 285/70-17 TreadWright Guard Dog = 33.3"H / 11.5"W They are nice tires with excellent pricing but make sure you have the clearance otherwise you are in for some serious...
  9. T

5/16" wheel spacer

You said you didn't need them to start with --- so why use them at all? 5/16 is just a little over 1/4 of an inch on either side and I don't see any advantage at all. If you were having some fitment issues or rubbing and as a last resort - then maybe. But as it currently stands, even if you...
  10. T

33s with 2.5?

265/70-17 = 31.6" (more or less) Not all tire brands and models are exactly the same. They are closer to 32 rather than 33. A 75 series of this tire should be closer to 33" (32.6"H / 10.4"W). A 285/70-17 = 32.7" with an 11.2" section width. It is possible that for that size, a street only...
  11. T

New tyres needed.........

There is a tread here somewhere regarding the Toyo HT. Granted, you seem to be looking for a pure street tire and the HT would definitely fit that. However, there seem to be some issues even with on-street performance. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241090 Toyo...
  12. T

Dealer Screwed me over! Need Help

Good to know that ! Thanks Celly
  13. T

There you go. They tried selling you a lemon - so all the more reason for you not to take their vehicle. If you've got everything then I say go for it... ....yeah, that Jesse guy would certainly rattle their cages....but chances are he's got other cases in the works / or too busy at the...
  14. T

New tyres needed.........

For pure street: 1. BFG Macadam 2. Kumho KL12/STX or 798 3. General Grabber HP/UHP Those tyres above would be comparable if not better than the Goodyear AP Moderate All Terrain = "mellow" tyres 1. Kumho KL78 2. Falken FK/AT 3. Dunlop Grandtrek AT3 :uk: Those 3 tyres above should...
  15. T

-double post-
  16. T

I'm kinda confused with the way you wrote your story ...from the same dealer, right? ...so your verbal contract with them is that they will fix the issue with your 94 and you provided them with the part you purchased elsewhere, correct? ...well, since the purchase did not...
  17. T

performance loss with bigger rim?

Your original sidewall is approximately 7.2 inches (245/75-16) The new proposed sidewall is approximately 5.2 inches (265/50-20) The loss of sidewall represents not only the missing 2 inches of inflated rubber but also a noticeable stiffness in the tire. To make up for the size decrease, the...
  18. T

Mickey Thompson classic II'S???

There are lots to consider so we need more information What is the size / backspace/offset of the wheel? Are you sure the bolt pattern is 5 x 4.5 since the classic II comes in 5 x 4.75, 5 x 5.0, 5 x 5.5 and 5 x 135 bolt pattern (as well as 6 and 8 lugs). Obviously the 6 and 8 wont fit so...
  19. T

Using Fuel Filter For In Line Tranny Filter?

The viscosity of the fluid that goes through a fuel filter is way too low (thinner) compared to motor oil A fuel filter is designed to flow high and pass a liquid that is not only thin but contains much smaller HC particles Oil is not only thicker but also contains larger HC molecules (not...
  20. T

performance loss with bigger rim?

The effect of rotating mass can be calculated using Moment of Inertia (MOI). MoI is related to not only the mass of the rotating object, but the distribution of that mass around the rotational center. The further from the center, the higher the MoI. The higher the MoI, the more torque required...
  21. T

Need some ideas for my seat

If you're sciatica is caused by compression on the lumbar or sacral nerves, then your best best is to get on of those wedge-type cushions with a cutout in the back for the coccyx / tailbone. With no pressure on the tailbone, the next vertebrae (the sacral) or the next higher up (the lumbars)...
  22. T

Towing Recommendations for 06 Explorer V8

Even if it came with a trans cooler together with the towing package, it would probably really just be adequate for short and light duty towing -- but notice that rhauf said a "huge" cooler.... A decent aftermarket add on cooler (with at least twice the surface area as the oem to...
  23. T

6x9 in rear hatch?

That area isn't really deep. The only way to get decent sound from that area is to construct an actual enclosure, cutout the shape of the enclosure and mount the box inside protruding through the plastic (where the vents are). If you go this way, that enclosure + the 6x9 would add another 5-7...
  24. T

Towing Recommendations for 06 Explorer V8

Somebody did exactly the same thing. Kept the OEM class II, just covered it with a plastic hitch cover then installed the Class III below the bumper. Do a quick search - you should be able to find it. There are install pics and step by step installation ---------
  25. T

2006 explorer tires

My 06 EB has oem 18's (235 or 245/65-18) I'm not sure if you have the 17 or the 18 inch wheel package but in either case, I am almost sure a 15 wont fit. I tried my oem 16" from my 99 and there's barely any clearance for the wheel. I could be wrong or maybe it's just the EB package but my...
Back