Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

A low from Alberta

Get the James Duff swap radiator...then find someone to tig you some brackets on it...saves a ton of headache and space..
  2. P

Explorer good story to read.

And then sold the poor girl for scrap! :(
  3. P

1994 Ranger A4LD Holding 1st too long

Looks like the band is gone, I can adjust the heck outta it, and it doesn't tighten up. :( if I had a broken servo piston would this explain this? or just a straight up broken band?
  4. P

Grr, guess i should have tried the manual shift first..now my Title is wrong... Seems i have no second gear at all. Hope it's just a band adjustment or broken servo piston and not a broken band....
  5. P

I'll try doing the manual upshifts on the way home from work in an hour. It's not temperature dependant at all....
  6. P

Pressure Control Solenoid B

I never did update...I found the servo piston to be broken..I'd already ordered the ones with the O-rings, so I changed the broken one for the o-ring one, and life is good. I still have the OD one if anyone has a worn bore and needs it.
  7. P

My lil ranger holds first gear too long...I have to speed up, lift, wait for the shift then get back into it..Unsure if I'm missing second or just delaying first that long...It generally wont upshift out of 1 unless you coast for a bit.. At first I assumed it was the TV cable, but adjustment of...
  8. P

Swapped the PCM and defeated the (false sense of) Security system, still getting the same single code. P0775 Looking like servo bore wear?
  9. P

I'll try swapping the computers tonight. It told me 'check transmission' in the donor as well, but due to the violent abuse I was putting it through at the time(it was a wreck, it was fun!!), I didn't consider it much. Would it not throw all sorts of turbine speed codes, instead of P0775 if...
  10. P

It's an S, It came with the W, but the donor I found had the S. Did the S have the bonded gasket? I may try the o ring method, he's charging an arm and a leg for a couple low cost servo's with .2 hours of machine time....I guess it's the R&D one pays for really...
  11. P

SSB? is that Shift solenoid? how can ya diagnose it? Everything OHMs out ok
  12. P

:can: So, Picked up a 2003 Explorer (as a 'quick flip'...yeah. not so much. Got er mobile finally, steering column, PATS reprogram, had to buy another one to salvage for parts, as the original had the intermediate drum LAYING IN THE PAN!! but i digress..) It's working ok, but i get...
  13. P

4R55 2-3 Flare?

http://www.sonnax.com/announcements/37947-01K.pdf This the sonnax part?
  14. P

4R55 2-3 Flare?

Have done nothing to the 'new' transmission yet, save for fluid and filter, and band adjustment. Just trying to find a starting point, and hopefully an end to this issue.
  15. P

4R55 2-3 Flare?

Well, having spend literally hours, reading this forum, and FTE, I have to ask.. I blew my first transmission, lost all gears, replaced EPC, no go. Bought JY transmission, (i know, I know but I'm in College and it was only $250). It moves! I get to school now... I have a 2-3 flare...
  16. P

2000 Fog Lamp Dimensions

wanna sell your old ones, if they're the factory original?
  17. P

U-Haul tow dolly mishap...

Have any other problems? I found when I got going about 80km/h, the thing put my ranger(on the dolly) into a massive S fishtail....almost rolled the F-150 and the ranger that day.......
  18. P

What lights up?

With the truck's lights on, what illuminates? 2000 Sport. Power mirrior switch? yes no? Fog lamp switch,(the indicator does, but does the switch)? headlamp switch? 4x4 Switch? Window switches? I'm popping my cluster out to change a few bulbs, and, while I'm doing it, may as well...
  19. P

Camshaft Position Sensor Mismatch

if I remember right, they didn't start using a camshaft position sensor till later years...didn't the 4.0L generate the spark signal off the crank sensor? I think they just plugged the hole in the back with a distributor like thing, to run the oil pump drive...
  20. P

Flying Ranger

Well, actually....Welcome to the Future of Grande Prairie Alberta, Canada....a guy in my class is his Cousin.......
  21. P

another canidian with a explorer

Hey, welcome! i hail from Grande Prairie AB....wish i lived in sunny BC....:(
  22. P

Transmission leaking in the morning when cold?

eep. front seal I imagine..not an expensive part by any means, but, it's a PITA to change....
  23. P

Wow. Oil change, and then some..

well, after almost killing my Ex (truck dosn't have a low oil light, ran it for 3000kms without bothering to look, Hilarity did not insue) I was going to do all fluids, as kind of an "I'm Sorry Baby"..So, purchase $70 worth of Synthetics, and do the front diff, rear diff, T-case, transmission...
  24. P

Worst stuck pic thread

Sharp looking truck! I'm in love with them rims, but i'd suggest either putting a ford plate on the front, or losing the bracket....I had one on mine, didn't bug me until i pulled it off, looked 10x better.
  25. P

Flushing all fluids...

Hey, I'm doing the same thing, and came across this thread in a search.....IIRC, these Bad Sally's take Mercon/Dex III in the tranny, t-case and power steering, right? was -20C this moring, and winter has just begun, so a full synthetic treatment is on the way....Shoulda heard the old OHV...
Back