Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

MAF problem

Before I wreck something... Would there be any harm in me trying to run a jumper wire from MAF pin D to the ECM / PCM - I think it's supposed to go to PCM pin 14 - although I can't remember where I noted that down from and would appreciate confirmation. Before trying this I would of course...
  2. J

MAF problem

Should perhaps have mentioned that KOEO returns 111 (all clear) and that I tried swapping the MAF sensor with that from the other Explorer - no change. Vacuum at one of the spare plugs on the tree is a bit low but within the normal range. Also the tube from the MAF sensor to the throttle body...
  3. J

MAF problem

My much loved '92 Explorer suddenly began stumbling and then dying every 2 or 3 blocks about 3 months ago (up until then it had run well for all the 13 years I've owned it). Seemed to me as though it was being starved of fuel whenever I let off the throttle... I think I could probably keep it...
  4. J

New Tire Opinions Needed...

I've been very happy with the Bridgestone Dueller ATs on snow... less so on serious ice, but then maybe only studded tires are really any use on ice. I guess I've probably had mine about 4yrs and 50,000 kms. My fronts have worn strangely but then I've had some front end issues (radius arm...
Back