Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

My F250 smog check Rant!

my '03 xterra has a strap and a little slot on the door to set the gas cap in.
  2. T

New "X"...

well right now I'm worried about making my payments and insurance but I'm gonna do a torsion adjustment in the front a inch to a inch and a half to level it up for now, maybe if I get some exra cash I'll do a 3" lift. thats it right there, I dunno about black steelies on that dark...
  3. T

New "X"...

Just picked up a 2003 Nissan XTerra today... Blue, 4WD, N/A V6 3.3 ... only 30k miles... my dad knows the guys at the Dodge Dealer it was at (he has bought a '04 and a '06 3500 CTD from them) so we got a pretty good deal on it at 14k. I only have one really bad pic right now that isnt really...
  4. T

2007 Chevy Super Ugly

does anyone else despise how all chevy 2wd's look lowered for about 6 months I thought all the mexicans around here were lowering their chevy's, come to find out, thats just how the 2wd sits.
  5. T

modding bug isn't just for Explorers

Mustangs have had V6's ever since the first year...
  6. T

My proposed suspension setup

you'll need a 2 3/4" camber/caster bushing. getting longer shocks isnt completely necessary because your sway bars will prevent you from flexing out the shick anyway, so unless you plan on discoing your sway bars, longer shocks really arent needed.
  7. T

colision with escape

i agree with the assesment that explorers are tanks... my rear bumper has been rear ended TWICE, and very hard at that, it totally wiped out a Tacoma's front bumper, and a pontiac grand am (hit and run) overheated after it rear ended our explorer because the radiator got jacked up. all it has...
  8. T

Best 4x4 on Gas

if your looking for a 2WD mid size pickup I would def. go with a prerunner Tacoma, my friend gets like 20 mpg w/ his v6... has a '97 I believe that he got for 7700 or so.
  9. T

a little off the top

your doing this to a 99!? is it going to remain your DD or what?
  10. T

A4LD... time for rebuild?

$650 seems like a good price... mine was somethign like $1200, pulled rebuilt and put back in
  11. T

Forest Service Vehicle Auctions

hmm, a lot of the Dodge 1500 5.2s. Like their looks with the shortbed, too bad the trannys suck.
  12. T

Tire Opinions Please

I think the Dueler's would best fit what you want... they arent too agressive, but they probably do fine off road as long as you dont do anything extreme
  13. T

What Stock Gear Ratio?

3.73 LS... not that it matters, put 31"s on it 2 1/2 weeks after I got my license which basically makes it a 3.55.... also I'm getting 35"s and 4.56s this summer.
  14. T

tire size gearing and gas mileage

I wouldnt swap in 3.73s if you were gonna do a gear change go at least 4.10s I have 3.73s and 31"s and I get on average.. about 14 mpg... this is california 'highway' miles and city.
  15. T

V6 stock Tow Package?

first gen tow packages came with the 3.73 LS.
  16. T

Audiodudes Bogger project.

a chopped top with no pics. you know better than this
  17. T

More flexible coil spring options for SL 5.5

My 2" Skyjacker coils have sagged to about a 1.25-1.5"... they are really soft. I have also seen a couple Ex's on here with the 6" SJ lift and thier fornt end sags a little as well. I would definately get the 8" coils, at first you wont be able to align it, but after a couple of weeks the...
  18. T

max tire size

the rock crawler wheels actually have a enlarged inner diamter on wheels for "larger brake components". I read somewhere that if a vehicke was not offered with a wheel below 17" then you cannot go below 17"... because of the size of the brakes.... so you X should be fine with 15" wheels
  19. T

Max tire size on 20" rims for 3rd gen Explorer

you need to make sure the wheels arent too wide and stuck too far inside the wheelwell, i.e. high backspacing. also the overall diameter probly shouldnt be greater than 30" or 31" on a stock explorer... and since they dont make lifts for 3rd gens, there you go.
  20. T

1st gen lift ?

people have made the brush guards work with BL's.... I think j602 did.. also if you are going with Body lift and spacer lift I would reccomend using skyjacker long add-a-leafs instead of shackles.... they will give you the height you need and it wont look weird with those shackles hanging wayyy...
  21. T

Tortion twist how to ?

the bolt shouldnt BREAK... that would be some severe rust. just use some penetrating stuff.
  22. T

Ford to Auction Off Equator Concept Truck to Support Texas Hurricane Relief

That himilaya is bad ass.... someone needs to suck it up and chop the top off a Expedition now, that looks sweet.
  23. T

2007 Ranger SORV with factory Snorkel?

I wouldnt want my 20k+ truck anywhere near high water crossings. just me.
  24. T

Ford to Auction Off Equator Concept Truck to Support Texas Hurricane Relief

I guess thats Ford's Answer to the H2 SUT? Looks alot like it, throw in a little Sport-Trac and F-150 andf there you go, a big yellow mess.
  25. T

Worse ride Add a Leaf???

I have the SkyJacker 2" lift kit AAL's..... The ride in front is fine, of course, but goign over any speed bump or anythign like that sitting in the rear is a real adventure, its wayyyyy stiff back there, anything I throw back there is gonna be getting air and moving quite a bit. It feels...
Back